01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Issues updating Hikvision firmware

DanM1939

I tired updating the firmware on my NVR system DS-7608NI-EV2/8P and cameras DS-2CD2342WD-I. I downloaded them from the site, unzipped the file and tried to update but my system said file path too long. Also, I noticed when downloading them from the site that these specific models are discontinued. Will that affect anything in my system moving forward?

I tired updating the firmware on my NVR system DS-7608NI-EV2/8P and cameras DS-2CD2342WD-I. I downloaded them from the site, unzipped the file and tried to update but my system said file path too long.

Please try carefully following the instructions and steps in our guide to updating your Hikvision firmware:
How to update HikVision Firmware in just nine simple steps - updated 20th February 2019

Also, I noticed when downloading them from the site that these specific models are discontinued. Will that affect anything in my system moving forward?

Not really, as it's an older model Hikvision are unlikely to introduce new features. However, if & when necessary they will provide firmware updates (for example if a security flaw is identified).

Back