01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Issue with the Hik-Connect App V3.7.6.0417 (on Android)

GlassMan

I'd like to know if anyone is experiencing any issues with the new version of Hik-Connect (3.7.6.0417).......... I updated my Android Hik-Connect app to the new version and I've been experiencing issues with changing Alarm Notifications ever since.

If I go into the settings for my NVR (within the Hik-Connect App) and try and enable or disable Alarm Notifications, I get the error in the attached screenshot. I also get the same issue if I try and enable/disable Notification Schedules or edit the Schedules. I find that once the error occurs, the NVR shows as offline for 10-30 seconds - I can also see the NVR itself going offline (it looks to be rebooting). Looks to me like there's an incompatibility between the NVR and the new Hik-Connect app version which causes the NVR to crash & reboot whenever I try and do anything with Notifications.

My phone is an Android Pixel XL running version 9 (5th April 2019 Security Patch).
The NVR is a DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B) running firmware V3.4.100 build 180310

I tried lots of things with the app - clearing cache/data, re-installing etc. Nothing helped. I've now re-installed the older version of the app (3.7.4.0308) and all is working normally again. I've logged it with Hikvision support and they're passed it to their 3rd line support.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Hik-Connect_1.png
    Screenshot_Hik-Connect_1.png
    122 KB · Views: 376
Hi,
It's the first report I have seen of this.
I am not seeing a problem with the same new App version on Android, but using a 7604 - not (B):

Thanks Phil. I've tried the new app version on a different tablet that I have and the same issue occurs, so not directly related to my phone. If I re-create the issue while I'm stood by the NVR, I can here it rebooting and the HDD stopping/starting, so it does appear to be something in the new version that causes my NVR to crash/reboot - maybe it's specific to the (B) at V3.4.100.

Hopefully Hikvision 3rd line support will come back with something.

If they do manage to update you with a solution, please come back and share,
Thanks

I have the same issue with my NVR B series and the Android App. The I phone app is fine as are the other series NVRS

Back