01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Issue Accessing HikVision DS-7604NI-SE/P NVR with Internet Explorer or Any Other Browser

Luciano

Hello,

My name is Lucian and I'm having some difficulties setting up cameras on a old Net DVR configuration.

The model is : DS-7604NI-SE / P

I'm browsing with IE as this is the only browser that "it should work on" and whenever I g to the "Live View" tab, is asking me to "Please install the plugin".
I download that, closing the browser as it requested, installing the plugin and still isn't showing anything on the cameras.

I tried to upgrade to the latest firmware but mine is too old that I couldn't find one to match. Do I need to add some sort of extension / plugin onto the IE browser or what should I do?
I really need your help.

P.S -- Also tried with different browsers and same result.

Kind Regards,
Lucian

Attachments

• hik1.PNG
    hik1.PNG
    132.8 KB · Views: 162
Hi @Luciano

Can you please confirm the firmware version your NVR is currently running?

Most older NVRs that are running the latest available firmware should still work in IE or Edge running in IE mode, but it may be the case that this NVR does not run a recent enough firmware to work properly in a browser and we may need to look at other options.

Thanks @Luciano

The last firmware we are aware of for the SE-series NVRs is v3.0.22

You can try updating to this version in the browser but if you are having issues with plug-in support you may not be able to load the firmware file.

If that is the case you will need to install iVMS-4200 on your PC and add the NVR to that software, once added you can go to remote configuration for the NVR and under the Maintenance, you should see the firmware update box.

Back