01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Is an 800 euro ANNKE 4K camera system kit good please?

George Trkz

Hello guys, I want to secure my home via a PoE security camera system. The cameras will be placed outside.
My budget is around 1000 euro and I want approximately 6 cameras with an NVR.
I saw that ANNKE has a 8 4K camera system for 800 euros in their official website. Is that good?
Does anyone suggest anything else? I don’t want to make a fast decision and after blame my self.

Thanks for your time :)

Hi @George Trkz

If you are looking for a 4K IP Network CCTV system that supports 6-8 cameras for €1,000 or less then a consumer kit like ANNKE is going to be the best option. You won't get hardware quality and advanced features that would come with the professional brands we sell like Hikvision, Hanwha Wisenet, Vivotek, etc... but all of these will well exceed €1,000 mark for a similar-sized system.

Hello Dan and thanks for your answer. I saw that the Reolink and Amcrest camera system have the same features like ANNKE. Between those three what’s your suggestion. I know that with 1000 euros I can’t get the best camera system, so feel free to answer whatever you want.

Have a nice day

We have no experience with all 3 brands so I can't really say if one is better or worse, from a quick google I would probably say stick with either ANNKE or Amcrest and avoid Reolink as they look to be the cheapest and most plastic so will likely be the least reliable.

Could you suggest me a camera system for home surveillance, from a brand that you work with, which you believe is for good my situation (without the cost limit of 1000 euros)? Because if the cameras are not durable over the years I will have to pay them again.

Our recommendation would be the below:

1 x DS-7608NI-M2/8P 8-channel NVR
1 x Western Digital Purple 8TB SATA Surveillance Hard Drive
6 x DS-2CD2386G2-IU 8MP AcuSense Turret Cameras

We can't publish the exact price of this system as "login for prices" is required by all authorised Hikvision sellers, but the total will be around the £2,000 mark (possibly more if you need wall brackets, junction boxes, PoE injectors, and other accessories).

This might be too much of a step up in price for you and if you are just looking for a basic system, one of the consumer options already mentioned above might suit you better.

Back