01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IR range upgrade

Monkey57

Currently have a DS-2CD2T86G2-4I looking to upgrade to the DS-2CD2T47G2-LSU/SL, mainly for the reason of audio alarms and strobe light (any news of an 8MP version?).

The DS-2CD2T47G2-LSU/SL only has a claimed 60m IR range, where as the current camera is a claimed 80m.
IR range is important for the area I am protecting and I don't believe the current camera reaches 80m, but don't want to downgrade/comprise on the IR range.

Does anyone have experience upgrading from a G2-4I to one of the newer models with LSU and SL?

Thanks M57

Hi @Monkey57

The first thing to point out is that it is hard to compare these products because the 2T86G2 is an AcuSense model with IR LEDs, while the 2T47G2 is a ColorVu camera that uses a larger aperture and built-in white LED floodlights to achieve a colour image at night.

The AcuSense model with the audio alarm & strobe light (now labelled Live-Guard) is the DS-2CD2T86G2-ISU/SL and this also only has a 60m IR range. (the product page incorrectly states 30m, but the datasheet says 60m)

Unfortunately, I don't think there will be a model that supports the Live-Guard functions and also has an 80m IR range, so if that is the most important feature I think for the moment you are best off staying with the 2T86G2-4I model.

You can add a IR Light (Standalone) extra to the camera, but needs power like 12V or 24V. The are standalone IR Lights, you have to google for it ^^

Reactions: Dan
Back