01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IR and image sharpness help.

Foo

Hi guys,

Recently installed Hikvision dvr system.
Turbo.
Along with 4 x 2.4mp dome camera's.

Issue im having is the image doesnt seem as sharp as i would like.
Im quite savvy when it comes to IT, but going through the on screen system menu offers little.
Adjusting sharpness doesnt help. In the PTZ section, focus doesnt adjust.

The image isnt to bad, just not as sharp as i would expect.
Have set to 25fps but not adjusted any other settings.

I have a cheaper system with 1mp cams and the image is a little clearer.

Using the camera toggle is an option but one id rather bypass if possible.

Maybe if settings not on the DVR, there is software i could link laptop to DVR to config camera to adjust focus?

Other issue is that one of the cams is quite poor at night, however, the other 3 cams are focusing at a distance of 5 or 6 metres over a driveway.
The cam with poor night/IR is aiming along a garden which is around 12 metre long. At night the rear garden is not visible at all.

So was thinking of adjusting the IR via the DVR.
The DVR IR settings seems to be greyed out so unable to adjust. Assuming i need to apply a certain setting to access the IR control?

Ive also just the Day/Night settings. Not adjusted them from default but Day=Standard mode and Night=Dim mode.

So to break it down, all 4 cams seems less sharp than expected and 1 cam is struggling with night vision/IR.

Many thanks for any help.

Have taken a screenshot of the blurry image if that helps me get a reply?

The IR issue ive decided to send the cam back for replacement as no matter what settings i changed the cam would not be viewable at night.

As you can see from the screenshot, cam1 is clear. Where as cam 2 & 4 are blurred.

Any advice would be really appreciated.
The screenshot is from mobile app.
Unable to check actual stream direct from DVR until tomorrow.

Would it be 'Sub Stream' settings possibly?

2GkvE.png

Just checked stream via PC IVMS software and all cams are very clear so just seems the issue is on mobile platform.

They are set to FLUENT [substream]. Select the display symbol (square box with diagonal lines) within the app and choose CLEAR for mainstream.

Thanks for reply digilec.

That clears my mind that its an app issue and not a system setting issue.

Although i tried 'Clear' mode, IVMS seems to not reload the cams giving errors but for short period it made the image clear.

Also tried it on Hik-connect android app and that has a 'Basic' & 'HD' option which does the same thing with less bugs.
iVMS seems so buggy on my phone. Always fails after about 2mins of steaming, possibly a cache issue when streaming on mobile.
When reloading the app it always goes into 'Fluent'!!

The Hik-Connect app seems to operate a little smoother but will only show 2 screens at HD on a 4screen format, even selecting the 3rd cam at HD, it goes to HD but sends 1 of the other cams into 'Basic'.

Fair to say its just App bugs.

Back