01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IP Camera R6 Platform 5.5.53

newbie2468

Hi There,

My first post!

I have a question about the latest firmware for the R6 Platform, my cameras are DS-2CD2342WD-1 turret & DS-2CD2742FWD-1 dome. They are currently running 5.5.0 and running without fault. The NVR (DS-7608NI-K2-8P is running the latest firmware.

I thought I'd treat them to an upgrade and saw on the Hik Portal a newer version 5.5.53 dated 21/8/2018 and at the bottom of the page 5.5.5 dated 23/5/2018. I always thought the one at the bottom of the page was the newest??
Anyway, I upgraded (I didn't skip firmware versions) all the cameras with ease, re-booted the NVR and then discovered that all cameras were dropping in connectivity, they would work okay and then all randomly disconnect, I let the system run for several hours but the problem continued.
I rolled back the firmware to the previous version and the problem continued, I eventually reinstalled the 5.5.0 firmware and instantly all cameras are performing perfectly.
Anybody else had this issue?

I did the above mid August and only just now had the chance to report this, maybe the problem might be sorted now?????

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,
We weren't aware of an issue.
I don't think we had actually spotted that V5.5.53 version.
I think the last version we'd posted here about was V5.5.52 - Latest HikVision Firmware for R6 Family Cameras - new V5.5.52 (2X22FWD, 2X42FWD, 2X52)

It does seem to be an anomaly in the list at the portal i.e. V5.5.53 is the highest version number, with the most recent release date, and therefore we would normally expect to find that newest version at the bottom of the list.
I'm not sure when it was actually added to the portal and made available (you mention mid-August).

There was some mention of issues caused by version V5.5.53 in this post yesterday.
Hikvision Poor image quality after firmware upgrade of cameras and NVR

Perhaps try V5.5.52?
Latest HikVision Firmware for R6 Family Cameras - new V5.5.52 (2X22FWD, 2X42FWD, 2X52)

Thanks Phil,

I've decided to just update the firmware on one camera only and have updated this from 5.5.0 to 5.5.52.
I can report that the picture is stable now but the upgrade did alter the text OSD overlay settings. Oddly it created its own unique setting of blinking the text just once or twice every 60 seconds or so. Just by going into the OSD settings and choosing your preferred setting corrected this bug.
I shall see how the camera operates now before upgrading to 5.5.53

Thanks

Spoke too soon, the bug is still there. Ive rebooted the NVR but it hasn't cured it. Shall try the upgrade to 5.5.53 to see if this cures it.

Upgraded from 5.5.52 to 5.5.53 and the text overlay bug still exists. I am going to run with this firmware for a few hours to see if the picture drops (camera resets itself) as it did before, if it doesn't then I may leave it as it is and put up with the text overlay bug or revert back to good old 5.5.0

Well there are no reports of the camera signal dropping which is good, the text overlay bug still exists so should I stick with the latest version 5.5.53 or revert back to the bug free 5.5.0 I wonder what the benifets are of the latest version????

You did say the NVR was running the latest version of firmware, just to be 100% sure, please confirm what revision it's on. Thanks.

Yes, that is the latest firmware currently available for that NVR:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

Are all your cameras direct-connected to your NVR and POE-powered by the NVR?

Yes, never had a problem with the text overlay whilst on 5.5.0 and the problem is only showing on the one camera that had the firmware upgrade, all other cameras are running on 5.5.0 and are bug free.

It's an odd one.
No other feedback of similar yet.
Is it all UK/EU/WR kit?

Blushing: :D

How do you view your system please?
Where are you seeing the OSD blinking issue?
In your browser, or on a direct-connected monitor?

Does your NVR's log show any detail/description for the cameras dropping please?

It was doing it via the browser and iVMS-4500, I say ‘was’ as it appears to have rectified itself.
Very strange.
Anyway thank you all for the valuable advice and help, I shall now upgrade all other cameras to 5.5.53.

Hi Phil

Me again sorry, being as the 1st camera out of the 4 had received its firmware upgrade to 5.5.53 and was now operating correctly, I decided to upgrade the remaining 3 cameras firmware. As soon as I chose the 2nd camera to upgrade (successfully) my original 1st camera decided to reboot itself for no apparent reason. I didn’t reboot the NVR so it wasn’t caused by that.
I decided to ignore it and proceeded to upgrade the 3rd & 4th cameras successfully. All cameras are now running 5.5.53 firmware and are trouble free but it has left me with the 1st camera continuing to reboot itself. I’ve looked back on today’s recordings and it (the 1st camera) will record for about 1 hour and then there will be a blank gap of approximately 5 mins where there is the loss of signal, no doubt rebooting itself. There are no gaps in the recordings of the 3 other cameras so I can eliminate the NVR from rebooting.
I experienced this random rebooting of the cameras before when I tried upgrading the firmware to 5.5.53 back in August but it affect all 4 cameras at the time, so that’s why I reverted back to the previous versions firmware which cured the fault.

Any ideas on this one? I did reboot the NVR but it made no difference.

Hmm, never seen that behaviour before. Can you share a screenshot of your Camera Management page from your NVR please?
(just copy & paste a screenshot image into a post)

I can do this, but before I do, is there any on-screen data I should hide for security reasons?

Out of the 4 cameras on my system the only ones which are affected are the turret DS-2CD2342WD-1 ones, the anti-vandal dome cameras are unaffected yet are running the same firmware 5.5.53
This problem has since spread to 2 cameras (both turrets) and they both lose signal at different times, they don't both go down together.

Last edited:
UPDATE

I have changed the firmware as follows:

Turrets DS-2CD2342WD-1 are running 5.5.5
Anti-Tamper domes DS-2CD2742FWD-1 are running 5.5.53

This set-up has cured the fault of the turrets from randomly dropping signal (rebooting).

Conclusion - Turrets are unstable on firmware 5.5.52 & 5.5.53 on my system.

I've just now got to get the Push notifications Alarm/Alerts working again, this updating of the firmware seems to have unsettled the system, delicate little soul!

UPDATE

So, anyone following this thread I can update you 2 weeks on.

The cameras are using the firmware as stated above, all is running smoothly apart from only one of my DS-2CD2742FWD-I, I have line crossing enabled and when I walk in front of it and activate this function the camera decides to stop recording and looses connection. All other times when the line crossing is not being activated it records okay.
I have decided to change it's firmware back to 5.5.5

BEMUSED!

Back