01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IP Camera Kit Recommendations - Good Night View

Smurf787

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a IP camera Kit. I would like a pretty good system without breaking the bank. I require good night vision, Motion detection, Audio.

I was thinking the Hikvision ColorVU but if there is other brands with similar night quality i will look into them too.

I require 4 cameras and NVR. Does not need to be really good mega pixels but night mode needs to be good. Ideal budget is approx £500.

If purchasing through Use IP what warranty is supplied? I tried looking for a complete kit but couldn't see complete kit cameras, NVR etc.

Thank you,

I was thinking the Hikvision ColorVU

I require 4 cameras and NVR

Ideal budget is approx £500

-> forget it. Even if you buy from grey market this is impossible ;)

-> forget it. Even if you buy from grey market this is impossible ;)

So recommend the costs I don't know I'm a newbie at this.

Apparently colorvu maybe suited for indoors and starlight more for night vision?

Hi @Smurf787

We don't do complete kits as we prefer to quote for what best suits a customers location rather than just 4 of the same camera that might not work best in some of their locations.

ColorVu cameras can be good for indoor use, but probably only if you have ambient light in the room from large windows and/or lighting in the room. If it is completely pitch black in the room you would need to use the ColorVu camera's built-in white light to get any kind of colour image.

use-IP are an authorised Hikvision reseller so we offer their 3-year warranty on all fixed cameras and NVRs

The other user is correct that a 4 ColorVu camera system is likely going to be out of your budget, each 4MP ColorVu camera is around £150, so even without the recorder (around £300) and HDD (around £100 for 4TB) you are going to be above your budget with just the cameras.

If you can't go that far over your budget then we would recommend that you instead look at cheaper consumer brands like Reo-Link, Swann, etc...

Back