01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Intrusion Detection

ashleygavin

Hi,

I've recently installed a DS-7604NI-K1/4P NVR along with 2 x DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL and 1 x DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL cameras.

I've setup intrusion detection for a defined area as shown on the attached image and ticked the human box but for some reason I'm getting instrusion alarms when the outside flood light illuminates and I can't work out why. There clearly aren't any humans or even animals in the playback when you look.

Regards,
Ash

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221224_101021_Microsoft Remote Desktop.jpg
    Screenshot_20221224_101021_Microsoft Remote Desktop.jpg
    787.8 KB · Views: 139
Hi,

I've recently installed a DS-7604NI-K1/4P NVR along with 2 x DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL and 1 x DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL cameras.

I've setup intrusion detection for a defined area as shown on the attached image and ticked the human box but for some reason I'm getting instrusion alarms when the outside flood light illuminates and I can't work out why. There clearly aren't any humans or even animals in the playback when you look.

Regards,
Ash
I'm not sure what would be causing the initial trigger. AcuSense isn't perfect by any means but it does eliminate a huge number of false triggers. Try altering your shape to exclude the swing seat maybe (anything 'Human' shaped could cause a trigger)

I wouldn't normally use Intrusion Detection with a Threshold value of 0. Threshold is how long the target object needs to stay inside the defined area before the event triggers. Having it set at 0 will be little different to using Motion Detection with AcuSense Try setting at 1 or 2 (seconds) and that could well eliminate the false trigger if the camera is triggering at the moment the light comes on.

Additionally if you log into the camera directly AFTER you have set the options via the NVR you can further fine tune it by setting a minimum object size for the target (make that minimum slightly smaller than a person appears while stood at the extent of the configured Intrusion zone) and a maximum object size (make it slightly larger than a person stood at the near point within the configured zone)

Last edited:
I'm not sure what would be causing the initial trigger. AcuSense isn't perfect by any means but it does eliminate a huge number of false triggers. Try altering your shape to exclude the swing seat maybe (anything 'Human' shaped could cause a trigger)

I wouldn't normally use Intrusion Detection with a Threshold value of 0. Threshold is how long the target object needs to stay inside the defined area before the event triggers. Having it set at 0 will be little different to using Motion Detection with AcuSense Try setting at 1 or 2 (seconds) and that could well eliminate the false trigger if the camera is triggering at the moment the light comes on.

Additionally if you log into the camera directly AFTER you have set the options via the NVR you can further fine tune it by setting a minimum object size for the target (make that minimum slightly smaller than a person appears while stood at the extent of the configured Intrusion zone) and a maximum object size (make it slightly larger than a person stood at the near point within the configured zone)
Thanks for the reply! You hit the nail on your head with the the last paragraph. I set the min and max size and it seems to have sorted the issue out. Light can go on and off and nothing is detected but as soon as I walk outside it detects me so seems like it's job done, cheers.

Can’t this be done via the NVR too?

I ask because I’m having issues at the moment and notice you’re saying to go to the camera to set the min max instead of saying after you’ve drawn the box to use the min max options at the bottom on the nvr. Does it make a difference?

I ask because I’m having issues at the moment and notice you’re saying to go to the camera to set the min max instead of saying after you’ve drawn the box to use the min max options at the bottom on the nvr. Does it make a difference?
If the min/max parameter is present in the NVR menu it can be set from there and there’s no difference. I only mention to configure it from the camera as there are many versions of NVR firmware where the option isn’t visible in the menu.

If the min/max parameter is present in the NVR menu it can be set from there and there’s no difference. I only mention to configure it from the camera as there are many versions of NVR firmware where the option isn’t visible in the menu.
Ah I see thanks for confirming. I know there is something like a light led setting that’s on the camera and not in the Nvr (?) and was just wondering if that was the same in this case too. Thanks for letting me know.

I think it depends on the NVR. I personally only get this option directly logging into the camera.

Back