01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Installing the hikvision app on an Android TV?

julian toon

we have an android panasonic tv TH-55LXZ650Z I have been asked to put the hikvison app on the tv but the google app wont take us to the hikvision website to download the app
can these tvs cope with the app essentially they are an android device ,
anybody got any ideas
regards
julian

you can download the .apk manually, but those apps are not optimized for big resolutions
what do you want to achieve?

we try to download the app but it requires a QR code we cant scan the QR code with an android tv so we cant go ahead with the install of the app
our purpose is is just for reception monitoring but we may just hook a pc up to the hdmi input and run the user on the android tv hdmi input
any ideas would be appreciated

No, you can also download the .APK manually, then just sideload it on the android tv, I did it before, there are tools for that...

Are you perhaps an openhab or home assistant user? I use the a SDK script to capture and send events from doorstations, so when doorbutton is pressed, I cast the rtsp stream to my Google hub devices, and send a TTS voice command to my minis...

No need for a app on the device itself

From Hikconnect site... :)

you can download the apk and side load it. android tv is not supported properly though so you will need to use a mouse and keyboard to set the app up. then you can us the remote to activate the app, but not to change view or settings.

tbh there are better apps out there that do support the tv remote on android tv.

No, there are apps to sideload apk, no need for mouse/keyboard

No, there are apps to sideload apk, no need for mouse/keyboard
So you have an official hik apk that works properly with the remote? could i have a link to it please?

there are 3rd party apps that work that i have seen (most are paid for after x amount of cameras)

I'm not saying I have an app that supports an android tv, I just say you can sideload every APK on it... If it works, I don't know...

Imo, why do you want Hikconnect anyway on Android tv?

we have crossed wires i think. i was also saying it can be side loaded but was explaining the limitation I encountered.

I have the app running on my android working fine. I just cant change the view or interact with the app without using a mouse. I just want to be able to see the cameras at the push of a button which it does. i just cant make changes easily though, that is the only real issue. i am also too tight to pay for an app with 4 x camera support that will do everything as its not that important.

yes works fine but the app wont live stream for a long time which is a bit pointless the cloud just times the video feed out

Back