01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

I think I killed my DS-7204HUHI-K1/P DVR box. Replacement suggestion?

Deno

Hi,

My setup was installed by a 'friend of a friend' and I must admit I'm clueless on how it's setup, it's my wife that uses it daily.

I unplugged it yesterday to move some stuff around and when I came to plug it back in it was dead. The PSU is working (light on) but the box doesn't fire up.

Now, I'm in the bad books so need to get a new one ordered. The current model is DS-7204HUHI-K1/P with 3 (i think they are called) ColorVu cameras connected?

Happy to get an upgraded model if anyone can throw some advice my way.

She uses it on her phone to monitor detection points. The installer set that up, is it relatively simple to set that back up with a new box?

Cheers

Hi @Deno

We primarily deal with network IP products so our knowledge of analog DVR models is quite limited.

From looking at the Hikvision website, we think this model is probably the closest current model to what you had before - iDS-7204HUHI-M1/P

But as I said our experience with these analog products is pretty much zero, so you would be better off looking for a company that sells these analog DVRs and speaking to them.

In regards to setting up mobile access, it can be quite tricky if you've never done it before but if you are using the Hik-Connect app to view the old DVR then the setup should be similar to these instructions.

Thanks Dan, appreciate your reply.

Turns out I'm dimmer that I thought ;-) there are 2 PSU's, 1 for the DVR, and one for the cameras. Because I had a mess of wires after stripping everything down I just saw the 1 PSU and I was obviously using the wrong one.

Sorry to waste a post, I was in mild panic mode. Live and learn.

Reactions: Dan
Back