01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Humming Noise On Live View & Playback

sesalter

We have just had our cameras and DVR box changed so the cameras record in colour day and night. We have noticed that there is a humming noise on the live view and on playback. The guy that fitted it has said there is a sound button the bottom of the app which I assume he means the noise reduction button you can either have this set to 1 (closed) or 5. Changing this makes no difference whatsoever so I am thinking it’s something that needs changing on the settings on the DVR. Do you I know what I need to change as this is highly annoying. My husband and myself both have iPhones and it does it both

Solution
Hi @sesalter

Can you please confirm which DVR and Camera models you have?
Hi it’s ok I sorted it last night after I posted this and forgot to reply. Turns out the DVR settings hadn’t been changed. It was set to both video and audio which was causing the noise on the live view and playback. I have changed it to video only and hey presto the sound is no longer there
Hi @sesalter

Can you please confirm which DVR and Camera models you have?
Hi it’s ok I sorted it last night after I posted this and forgot to reply. Turns out the DVR settings hadn’t been changed. It was set to both video and audio which was causing the noise on the live view and playback. I have changed it to video only and hey presto the sound is no longer there

Upvote 1
Solution
The only setting I can think of which it might be is:

Config > Video/Audio > Video Type

1612433942900.png

NVRs disable the 'Video & Audio' dropdown for those cameras that don't support it - maybe DVRs don't do this?

Upvote 0
The only setting I can think of which it might be is:

Config > Video/Audio > Video Type

View attachment 5102

NVRs disable the 'Video & Audio' dropdown for those cameras that don't support it - maybe DVRs don't do this?

@Kyle That's correct. On DVR's it defaults to Video & Audio even if the cameras don't support it. It causes some static noise to be audible and a "pop" when switching between cameras in the apps.

Upvote 0
Hi @ROOPAN

See the answer above, you need to switch video type from video/audio to just video to remove the background static/interference

Upvote 0
If you are not a use-IP customer we cannot offer you 1-to-1 support and your only option is to post the issue here at the forum.

I would recommend to get the best response from other forum users you should create a new thread with a title summarising your exact issue and then provide the forum with as much detail possible about the issue, model number of the recorder, and firmware version.

If you provide that information in a new thread I am sure someone will be able to offer some advice.

Upvote 0
If you are not a use-IP customer we cannot offer you 1-to-1 support and your only option is to post the issue here at the forum.

I would recommend to get the best response from other forum users you should create a new thread with a title summarising your exact issue and then provide the forum with as much detail possible about the issue, model number of the recorder, and firmware version.

If you provide that information in a new thread I am sure someone will be able to offer some advice.
Hi they you can check through ip, let me know when you free i will private message ip and login credentials to check with mobile app. Tnx

Upvote 0
@ROOPAN we will not be doing a private remote access session with you for the reasons explained above.

Upvote 0
Back