01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How change verification code in platform access AND device info?

Peekay

In response to another question that I posted here, I have been advised to change the verification code for my Hik-vision DVR. The DVR serial number and verification code have been compromised so I am really anxious to change this if possible.

My problem is that this code appears twice, once in 'System Management/Device Info' and also in 'Configuration/Network/Platform Access'. I appear to able to change the code in Platform Access, but not in Device Info.

Is there a way to change both?

Thx. Peekay.

Thanks Phil.

So, if I change the code in the 'Platform Access' and 'Live View' configs, does it automatically change in 'System Management/Device Info' or is there a different procedure to change the code there?

You set it in one place.
You enter it, just to confirm that you know it, in all other places.

Think you are over worrying mate. Just change the admin code and delete all other users and your system is secure.

OK. Got home and tinkered using Phil's guide. Panic over :D

The good news is if you change the code in 'Configuration/Network/Platform Access' it automatically changes in 'System Management/Device Info' too. The QR codes change as well to reflect the new code.

I then de-registered and then re-registered the DVR in Hik-Connect and re-installed my Hik-Connect Android app. When I logged back into my account some some old motion alerts showed up with the error 'The picture is encrypted' but clicking the blank thumbnail prompted for my new verification code and now it's all working fine.

Many thanks for your help.

Back