01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

hikvison dvr seems to be not working, not sending images

stolt

hi everyone i need some help i have a hikvision set with 8 cameras, all set up and working for a few years, from friday evening we cannot see any images at all, both using the app, just saying connection failed. I did try connecting a monitor up via VGM and that wont show a picture at all. Im assuming its the DVR not working, but without buying another its hard to figure out if its that.

i have the hikvison DS-7208-HWI and using IVMS 4500 app on my phone.

any suggestions, ive turned the router off, ive tried turning the DVR off but the fan is whirring in the DVR just not sending anything out even on the wifi network no images

hi all ive had no joy messing around with it, im thinking of purchasing a new DVR, woudl the DS 7208 HQH model replace the DS7208HWI model

You could try logging into your router and see if your system is actually online or not.
Network lights on back of router that DVR is connected to should light up, blinking usually means activity.

Could HDD failure stop the system from booting? Easy and or free if you have a spare HDD knocking about to switch old HHD out for a new one and see if system boots.
You say you connected monitor to DVR via the VGA? is system set for VGA? or HDMI?

Maybe possible to hook a laptop to it via the RS232 port?

Dont know your system but going through the variable steps i would take before binning it.

You could try logging into your router and see if your system is actually online or not.
Network lights on back of router that DVR is connected to should light up, blinking usually means activity.

Could HDD failure stop the system from booting? Easy and or free if you have a spare HDD knocking about to switch old HHD out for a new one and see if system boots.
You say you connected monitor to DVR via the VGA? is system set for VGA? or HDMI?

Maybe possible to hook a laptop to it via the RS232 port?

Dont know your system but going through the variable steps i would take before binning it.

Hi yes the lights are on the back of the router and flcikering away. As you say could HHD stop it sending a signal out i wouldnt have thought so, i did speak to someone that sells hikvision equipment online and they said it could be the motherboard overheated and gone wrong, sounds like hes had a similar problem before.
Previously i have always been able to connect it up to this monitor via VGM and the images are displayed instantly so just assumed it would work this time aswell.

Good idea on the RS232 port i'll try that to see if that brings anything up on the screen.

Only othe roption was going for a DS 7208HQH model, which i belive is the newer model
Can you find the DVR on your network with HikVision's SADP utility?
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/?dir=portal/Software/00 Software Tool Package/01 SADP Tools/new

Can you then login to it at its IP address on your network using Internet Explorer?

i'll try that a go aswell. thankyou

today i used the app and its showing' the device is not registered in the DDNS'

just got home, swapped the connection over at the back of the router, and check on my router and its not showing connected at all on the listed devices, tried taking some out and in again and it doesnt show just that one.

Back