01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision set up problem

appleibook

I have five hikvision cameras two HiWatch IPCD 120, two DS-2CD2032-1 cameras, and one DS-2CD2142FWD-1 cam and one switch BV-Tech 5 Port PoE Switch (4 PoE Ports | 1 Uplink Port) – 65W – 802.3af – POE-SW501.
My query is that this one works DS-2CD2142FWD-1 in situ, on a medium length cable. but none of the others will work on long length cables, but they will work on a three foot cable. Could my switch not be powerful enough for the long runs.
On the short cable I can talk to the cams via the iVMS-4200 app and via the web app on the ip address.
Just cannot get them to work on a long run. Any help or options, or power requirement options.

Hi, can you check that your POE switch is valid to the IEEE802.3af standard.
That is what the cameras will be expecting.
If so, it should be good for up to 100m cable length.

Some, notably Ubiqiti and some old Cisco, are known to not comply with/to the standard and that causes problems.

It says compatible see attached. Have spoken to Tara Brown this morning and she has suggested this
D-Link DGS-1210-08P 8 Port Gigabit Smart PoE Switch.
In the mean time Im going to get back to the suppliers and see if they will refund as a faulty item. I am also going with Tara's option as I will be expanding from my current set up.

IMG_7040F821665B-1.jpeg

Back