01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision SADP tool question

Paul192

Hi guys i just joined the forum and this my fist post.

I just installed my first NVR plus 1 ptz dome camera. I used the lates v of sadp tool to initiate it and set a user / p.w. and all went great. The two are working as expected. But when I run the saps tool again "only the NVR is showing up"
Any ideas as to what I can do to get the camera back in the list?

I just installed my first NVR plus 1 ptz dome camera. I used the lates v of sadp tool to initiate it and set a user / p.w. and all went great. The two are working as expected. But when I run the saps tool again "only the NVR is showing up"
Any ideas as to what I can do to get the camera back in the list?

Have you connected the PTZ directly to the NVR after you activated it or is it still on a PoE Injector/switch somewhere else on the same network?

Ok, then you won't be able to see it with SADP because the NVR has its own Subnet IP range (for example Hikvision default subnet range is 192.168.254.xxx) and this subnet range is only accessible by logging in to the NVR. To be seen by SADP it has to be connected to a switch/network port somewhere else on the local network.

Also, are you using a PoE+ Injector with the PTZ? most PTZ cameras require a higher level of power than standard PoE called PoE+ and NVRs only produce standard PoE from their built-in PoE ports.

What PTZ and NVR model do you have? Why did you need to see the PTZ on SADP?

Aha. Then I don't have a problem. I never new it wouldn't show if it was connected to the NVR. Thanks for that.
I'm using the ( NVR-104MH-C/4P) with a ( DS-2D3304W-DE 3MP 4X zoom PTZ mini. )

I setup the cam and nvr before i installed the camera up high so I opened the SADP utility again just to check all was well.
I'm not using an injector tho. Do you reccomend i get one ? Or will it be fine untill I add more cameras. I'm planning on 2 more turret cameras, one for the car port ( side of house) and one for the rear garden.

You should be fine, I checked the datasheet and as that is only a small PTZ it has a max. power usage of roughly 8W and a standard PoE port will support up to 15.4W

Nice. Thanks for the info.
Can you recommend any turret cameras that will work for me. Both my car port and rear gardens are both about 15 and 20m long respctively with street lighting for the car port and no lights for the garden.

You have a Hikvision HiLook/HiWatch NVR and we don't sell any HiLook/HiWatch cameras, as far as we are aware from what we have heard from Hikvision it is not possible to use the latest range of Hikvision professional cameras with HiLook/HiWatch NVRs. You will need to have a look around for a supplier of the HiLook range

Back