01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision PTZ reporting wrong user name or password

MickNW

Hi, I don't know if anybody on here can point me in the right direction. I have a Hikvision ip PTZ model No. DS-2DE7184-AE. I purchased this camera via Facebook marketplace. It came with the default username and password, I changed the password to something of my own. I have logged into this camera using the new password many times. I went away on holiday and upon my return I noticed the camera was not displaying an image on my DVR, so I tried to log in to the camera and it keeps saying wrong username or password (The username is still admin and the password is 100% right). Has this happened to any other users? Is there a way forward with this?
thank you

Hi Phil, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I have now managed to recover control of my camera. I have downloaded and unzipped the latest firmware but when I press the browse button to locate the upgrade file after accessing the camera software via internet explorer, nothing happens. The camera and computer are on the same network. I have reset all settings on the camera. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you

Make sure that you are using the Internet Explorer browser (not Edge) in Windows 10

Yes I was using Internet Explorer and also tried other browsers and another computer but all encountered the same problem. The software on the camera must have been faulty. The way I got round the problem was downloading ivms4200 and upgrading the firmware via that route.
Thanks for all the help

This is a resolution for those who factory reset the HIKvision box and go through creating a new "strong password" for box and Camera at initial wizard. When you try to enter the new credentials during camera configuration you get the error message " wrong user name or password. Simply enter your previous credentials prior to factory reset. or you may need to physically find the reset button on the camera.

Back