01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision PTZ IP Dome DS-2DE4A225IW-DE - What Settings to Adjust to Reduce Glare from Streetlights?

MJ786

Dear All

I have a PTZ IP Dome, model number DS-2DE4A225IW-DE. Unfortunately, the installer passed away and I have no one to call to seek assistance with image settings, which is eliminating a lot of glare from street lights and from the head lights of cars. Can someone please help me and I am prepared to pay for assistance ? My current settings are as shown in 7 images. I shall be most grateful for someone to please assist me.

Hik1.png
hik 2.png
hik 3.png
hik4.png
hik 5.png
hik 6.png
hik7.png

Hi @MJ786

The first setting to try would be enabling HLC under the Backlight Settings, HLC stands for High Light Compensation and it is a setting designed to reduce the brightness of light sources in the scene (e.g. streetlights, car headlights, sunlight reflecting off surfaces, etc...).

If you try that setting and it doesn't reduce the light enough you could also try changing the max. shutter limit to 1/100 or 1/150 because the faster the shutter is the less light reaches the sensor and the darker the image is, this option will reduce the street light brightness but will also make the whole scene darker so if you adjust the exposure settings it might be a bit trial and error to find the right shutter setting so that the lights aren't too bright but the scene also isn't too dark.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply. I will follow your instructions and try it and update you. Thank you so much for your kind assistance.

Reactions: Dan
Upvote 0
Back