01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision playback

8tpg88

Hi, I’ve just installed my first Hikvision ip camera and was hoping to get some help on 2 issues I’m having before I install the next one.

I’m using NVR DS-7616NI-E2-8P and the camera is DS-2CD2055WD-I 2.88mm. Everything seems to be working well except I’m having a problem with the playback.

On the NVR it is set to continuous record however when I playback it seems seconds are missing. It runs ok then jumps a few second and continues and then jumps some more. I’m sure it’s some settings but I’m not sure what ones.

Also on the app I can live view fine but on remote playback it won’t load at all. I get error code 8200.

Is there anybody who can maybe help me?

Many thanks.

OK
Baby steps
Basics first

On a PC on the same network as the NVR and camera (PC/laptop wired to your network/router, not wireless).
Using the Internet Explorer browser (not Edge).
And with the camera set to use the h.264 CODEC.
Does it work OK?

Hi, thanks for taking the time to help me. Yes it seems to be working correctly on my laptop. There is no skipping like directly from the NVR and I can playback fine unlike the app.

Sorry there is a bit of skipping on the laptop, not nearly as bad as the NVR and it seems more like lag unlike the NVR playback that seems to be missing, if that makes sense

OK, as you are seeing some skipping and lag with even the most basic/direct configuration, you may have some network limitations.
When you test with your laptop are you using it with a wired connection to your router?
(not wi-fi)
Is your router modern / recent / gigabit ports?

Any problems that are evident with this basic local setup will appear a lot worse when you remote access / use the App etc.

Back