01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR VCA

TonyC

Got a Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P NVR and DS-2CD2055FWD-I setup

All working well but motion detection picks up to much at night time so I want to disable motion detection and use VCA smart events intrusion and line crossing detection.

Through the NVR I've setup the camera VCA and enabled save VCA picture along with enabling email alerts. Email alerts work fine but when searching under VCA from the NVR I get the message 'no picture file found'

IP Cam V5.5.0 build 170725
NVR V3.4.95 build 170626

I've enabled all the linkage options just in case I missed something, is there anything else I can check?

TIA

Hi,
The latest version of the camera manual I can find is V5.4.5:
http://www.hikvision.com//uploadfil...neUserManualofNetworkCameraV5.4.520170123.pdf
Please see Chapter 10 for Basic Events/Smart Events/VCA Configuration.

There doesn't seem to be a V5.50 manual to match the latest firmware yet.
The Release Notes for V5.50 can be found here:
http://overseas.hikvision.com/ueditor/net/upload/2017-09-14/acd82226-0ab1-4aab-990b-dc84bc5e21b6.pdf

Which contain this note on VCA:
 ISAPI alarm interfaces are improved. AlertSream, subscribeEvent and httpHosts are supported in basic events and smart events. Region ID of expert mode of motion detection and behavior analysis in smart events is supported. Picture upload is not supported. Configuration in web or iVMS 4200 are not supported. [Bold emphasis added]

Hi Phil,

I've search around and one thing I found was to make sure Enable Dual-VCA is ticked, I have done this on both the Camera and NVR but still no joy with with VCA search however I can see the alerts come up in Maintenance > Log Information

I also read somewhere (can't find the source now) that for VCA Search you can only have recording set to event, VCA search will not populate with continuous recording. It's no big deal though

Also via the Web Browser Configuration > VCA I get the message 'No VCA Device Available'

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 10.00.04.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 10.00.04.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,453
Hi,

I have DS-2CD2355FWD-I and a S-7608NI-K2 / 8P (V4.1.50 build 180227). The camera should have face detection, but I have never managed to make it work.

Is it possible to save face snapshots to the NVR using "save VCA picture" using my equipment?

That is true, I did not notice the -K / -I difference. What is the difference ?

I downloaded V4 for I and installed. Would a new NVR enable Save VCA picture, and do face searches using the camera I have?

Yeah, I re-installed the latest V3 software version. V4 seemed to work fine though.

What upgrade would I need to run a serious face recognition including naming and searching?

To perform proper facial recognition with HikVision you need a specific NVR and a select range of cameras:
iDS-9600NXI-I8/4F - Hikvision UK & Ireland
(4F denotes that it can manage up to four facial recognition cameras)

Cameras I believe it works with:
iDS-2CD8426G0/F-I - Hikvision UK & Ireland (this is the preferred facial recognition camera)
DS-2CD7A26G0-IZ(H)S - Hikvision UK & Ireland
DS-2CD7026G0-(AP) - Hikvision UK & Ireland
DS-2CD7126G0-IZS - Hikvision UK & Ireland
(possibly some older 4-line series cameras also)

Some other manufacturers, such as GeoVision, have cameras that can do it all within the camera (approx. £1,500)

Ok- we are talking a completely different price level. It would have been nice to be able to just save down images of recognized faces though. And then perform analysis on a separate server. Perhaps this is possible by triggering upload to FTP/Memory card/NAS. I will exlore!

Thanks!

Back