01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision night settings - motions blur and ghosting - please help

silkpaint

Hi, i am having some difficulty in finding the right balance with my IP camera's, i was hoping someone could help.

I have 3x DS-2CD2363GO-1/G - All firmware has been updated as of yesterday including the NVR.

Day time viewing is spot on, however night viewing is the complete opposite. Moving cars are a blur. People are just ghosts/blur, unable to see their face or color of clothing etc, i feel the camera's at night are useless. Compared to videos i have seen on youtube for the same camera's mine look now where as clear.

Settings are the same for all 3 camera's.

1549529991444.png

1549529852174.png
1549529906374.png
1549529940451.png

Can you please confirm that your cameras are running the latest V5.5.82 firmware?
DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

If not, please update to that version.
Then, please reset to default (undoing all & any tweaks you have tried).
And, upload an image of the resulting performance.
And tell us a little about the mounting position please.
(feel free to work with just one camera initially)

Hiya Phil, Thank you so much for your reply.

As you advised i have updated the firmware to the latest and reset the camera to its default settings. The cameras are mounted on the soffits and as you can see from the pictures we have only 2 street lights for this camera, when our security light turns on we are able to see people walking slightly better, but with out it this is the result, im not sure how clear it is but there is alot of "noise" also, DNR is set to 1, any help would be very much appreciated

1549562369291.png
1549562380349.png
1549562556666.png

Hi,
A few observations:
First impressions / still images - they don't look too bad.
I would say that the views are too wide - you are unlikely to capture facial details from such wide scenes.
You are using 2363 flat domes.
We would normally only recommend those for low-mounted positions e.g. they make great door cameras.
Unfortunately, they are Hikvision's smallest outdoor camera and only have 10m/30feet of infra-red reach.
Therefore, the built-in IRs are not adding anything to the illumination of the scene.
Therefore the cameras are working hard to capture and render images in the dark.
The cameras will increase their gain and slow their shutter speed. resulting in noise and motion blur.

For your mounting positions we would recommend 2383 8MP turret cameras, and to have any chance of capturing facial details you will need to cover a narrower area only.

This sample video is from the previous bestselling 8MP turret (2385) mounted at about 4.5m height with a 6mm lens:

Back