01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision image problems

ClearConsult

Hi all,

Sorry to ask for more help but just noticed that some of the images from newly installed cameras are struggling with fog at night. See the attached images. The fog looks like erratic rain on the cctv, and keeps triggering the video tamper alarm.

Also, the strange thing is that two of the images seem to have a dark patch on the right side ?

Is this normal ?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Attachments

• 4C046F4D-B5B5-449E-9A14-2A1D7FD786B5.jpeg
    4C046F4D-B5B5-449E-9A14-2A1D7FD786B5.jpeg
    23.4 KB · Views: 279
  • E5F1F103-2686-49F0-9D25-2A4E97ADE038.jpeg
    E5F1F103-2686-49F0-9D25-2A4E97ADE038.jpeg
    33.7 KB · Views: 290
  • 983A814F-F499-4DC9-A9BA-4947CFF55CE4.jpeg
    983A814F-F499-4DC9-A9BA-4947CFF55CE4.jpeg
    24.6 KB · Views: 287
Would you post images around the same time when it's not foggy? It may help figuring out the dark patches. Have you tried using Scene Change instead of Video Tampering?

The images video are not as clear as we would expect.
Please make sure the cameras are clean.
Are there other light sources adjacent (which may cause the flaring effect), or even alongside/adjacent to a reflective (or even white-painted) surface.
Try to exclude some of the light sources along the top and at the right from the view of the driveway camera by lowering the view a little and also moving it to the left a little (it can make a surprising difference).

We have a Lot of Fog here in the Smokey Mountains of Western North Carolina...
I bet your house is off to the right in pix.... Correct?
We have same thing... The fog is coming from the left and the house is blocking some of it...
I went round and round with this.... Here's how I figured out what was happening...
Though my camera doesn't support video, per se..... The software program I have on my NAS Creates video from the stream...
Only when I looked at the video of what was happening did I fully understand what was happening.....
The fog comes in from Left and trips motion detection... It is not as visible from the right due to the house and porch on right side of image/Video.... AND its coming in from the Left... Only when I got the video and "See" the fog roll in.......Instead of still pictures, Did I fully understand what was happening!!!!
The IR LEDS light up left side more than right due to fact that that's the direction the fog came from!!!
We're having a lot of rain this week.... RAIN Really Trips Motion Detection!!! (As does Snow!)

Back