01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Hiwatch NVR-208M-A/8P 8 channel NVR not showing 8th Camera on Live View

DickiePhitt

My Hikvision Hiwatch NVR-208M-A/8P 8 channel NVR has worked faultlessly with 7 cameras since installation last Octber

Last week I ordered a further Hiwatch IPC-D140 to use on the 8th channel.

The problem I now have is that the camera plugged into port 8 of the NVR is not displaying on the live view screen. I have proved the new camera and cable work OK on a port other than 8. Also existing cameras fail to show when plugged in to port 8. Basically whichever cable I plug into port 8 the corresponding camera is not displayed on the multi-camera screen. I have re-booted the NVR and checked software is up-to-date.

The strange thing is that 1) the data lamps on the port are operating normally 2) Images from all 8 channels (so including the missing camera!) are viewable in 'Status' within the Camera Management page 3) POE is showing the correct consumed power or all 8 channels.

So the NVR is receiving images from 8 cameras but is only displaying 7 (see TV screenshot)

Is there a fault with the NVR or am I missing something basic like turning the 8th live view window on manually!

Attachments

• 2018-07-12 23.02.48.jpg
    2018-07-12 23.02.48.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 415
Firstly, I have to confess that we have never offered the HiWatch range, so don't know it well.
Are you finding that even when you only have the same original seven cameras connected, but move one of those to port 8 it does not work?
i.e. the fault is not related to x8 cameras being too much bandwidth or something.
Is there a Camera Management tab in Config on this NVR model?
When you check that, does it show the camera at port 8 being connected OK?
OK IP address, in the same range as the others?
OK security/password?

Does the intended camera for port 8 have a physical reset button?
Maybe use that to reset it back to defaults, then try connecting it afresh to port 8?
Sometimes, as things are moved around, connected/disconnected, etc. the wrong settings can be picked-up?

Otherwise, it's probably worth a chat with your reseller.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for taking a look at my post.

Yes the problem doesn't seem to be bandwidth related as the 8 ports are shown as OK in the Camera Management tab and the 'missing' camera can be viewed in Status against port 8, irrespective of whether new or existing camera connected to port 8.

Given the cameras are all connecting & viewable - but not on live view (not even 'No Link' is displayed on the missing tile which it does for the other 7 when re-booting the NVR) I think the problem is the NVR.

I've gone back to the reseller by email but will certainly give them a ring as well.

Back