01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIKVISION ERROR MESSAGE , can anyone help please? I'm a novice!

Pearl

Hello all,

I have HIKVISION cctv system , I have the IVMS-4200 software to view my cameras of which I have 4 globe style

I have the following error on MacBook laptop, also can not view on my mobile or iPad.

It says:
CCTV login failed , error code 7 (Connection failed - device offline or time-out)

I shall try attach the screenshot.

Can anyone help me please, I'm a total novice and I need to get back on my apps!

Many thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 11.06.32.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 11.06.32.png
    282.4 KB · Views: 2,198
Is this a new HikVision system?
Or was it previously working OK?
Do you have a Windows PC or laptop available on your network?

Is this a new HikVision system?
Or was it previously working OK?
Do you have a Windows PC or laptop available on your network?
Hello Phil, thanks for reply, its been up and running fine for about 9 months now, I have had this error message before and chap who installed came out , he said the IP addressed changed (SKY problem?!) but that it would never happen again has he had now 'locked it in'. I think its a pretty quick fix and I could do with knowing how to do it as when he comes out he's only here 5 mins and always goes straight to the ip address and says 'oh its a mac book thing'.

I have a macbook air, I do not have a flat screen that i connect to the hikvision system though , do I need one? Im at a real loss with this , any additional help to rectify very much appreciated Phil. Thanks Pearl

Hello Phil, thanks for reply, its been up and running fine for about 9 months now, I have had this error message before and chap who installed came out , he said the IP addressed changed (SKY problem?!) but that it would never happen again has he had now 'locked it in'. I think its a pretty quick fix and I could do with knowing how to do it as when he comes out he's only here 5 mins and always goes straight to the ip address and says 'oh its a mac book thing'.

I have a macbook air, I do not have a flat screen that i connect to the hikvision system though , do I need one? Im at a real loss with this , any additional help to rectify very much appreciated Phil. Thanks Pearl
I also view the app on an iPad and my mobile

Typically, if SKY change your home/router's IP address it would only affect remote access to your system i.e. when you are away from home - is that the case?
i.e. all still works when you are at home / on the same network as the NVR and CCTV system / using your macbook/phone's wi-fi connection rather than data connection.

Typically, if SKY change your home/router's IP address it would only affect remote access to your system i.e. when you are away from home - is that the case?
i.e. all still works when you are at home / on the same network as the NVR and CCTV system / using your macbook/phone's wi-fi connection rather than data connection.

Hi Phil, no not working at all, nothing on the MacBook ay home via wifi or even 4G on my mobile phone ? just nothing at all , it buffers for a while then just get the circle in the middle of each camera screen and blank , so I really don't know what to do ?

Like you say , even if SKY had messed about there end I should still be able to get on the hikvison app via my mobile phone !?

OK, if SKY had changed your internet connection IP address ad your system was affected by that, then you would still be able to access when you were at home and on the same network (not coming at it via the internet).
As this is not the case, then something else is causing the problem and it's probably best to get your installer back to rectify the issue.

NB - You can check what IP address SKY have given you, and therefore whether it changes - simply type - "What's my IP address" into Google. Note it for reference now.

Your installer should be able to configure your system so that it is not sensitive to SKY changing your IP address.

OK, if SKY had changed your internet connection IP address ad your system was affected by that, then you would still be able to access when you were at home and on the same network (not coming at it via the internet).
As this is not the case, then something else is causing the problem and it's probably best to get your installer back to rectify the issue.

NB - You can check what IP address SKY have given you, and therefore whether it changes - simply type - "What's my IP address" into Google. Note it for reference now.

Your installer should be able to configure your system so that it is not sensitive to SKY changing your IP address.
Thanks Phil, my installer did say he had locked my ip in so it couldn't be changed.

Hello, I have the same error message, i already searched a lot of solution but none works. There is just a difference, it's a new HikVision system.

Can anyone help me please ? I'm a total novice.

Many thanks.

If you are still having problems please feel free to create a new thread; describe your system (make & model numbers), and describe the problems you are seeing.

Back