01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikVision DS96128NI-I16 rebooting

nikson

After few months NVR keeps rebooting itself. On NVR are connected 110 8MP Hikvision cameras and 16x 6TB Purple WD HDD.

Please advise

Hello Nikson,
The DVR/NVRS are designed in asuch a way that they detect fault during startup. So the DVR/NVR reboots if a fault is detected.
There are a few factor that can cause this issue:
  1. The Hard Drive is faulty: You can check this by removing the connectors on the hard disk and powering the device on. ( this is the most likely issue affecting your DVR/NVR)
  2. The SATA cable is damaged. you need to a new pair of the SATA cable so that you can test this.
  3. The Power going to the NVR is insufficient. make sure you read the rating on the NVR/DVR and make sure the adapter feeding the unit is matching the input of the DVR/NVR
  4. A hardware issue. For this, you just need to replace the unit.
Note. when troubleshooting please start with number 3 then number 1.
Also, make sure the device is powered off when opening it to remove the hard disk.
Best of luck,

Regards,
Maurice.

Hi
This device has redudant power supply of 550W, all HDD are new I have tested them via S.M.A.R.T.
NVR restarts while it is working.
I have sent debugging files to Hikvision but I didn't received any answer from them.
We started with 80 IP CAM, and everything was fine for few months. When we added 30 more same cameras problem started after few weeks.

Kind regards
Nikson

110 cameras plus the NVR will draw roughly 910W at a conservative estimate. Do you have the same issue if you just have 100 cameras connected?

My tuppence (which is unhelpful in this instance, after the event) I never recommend more than 64 cameras on any box (NVR or server).
They tend to perform badly.
You're asking a lot.
So many cameras.
And then, typically, if you have a lot of cameras you will also have a lot of users.
Multiple connections/viewers.
Loads of streams.
Recording.
Viewing.
Playing back.
Searching.
High-res.
Complex CODECs.
Too much data.
Too much bandwidth.
It's too much to ask.
Inevitably disappoints and frustrates.
I just advise people to avoid, and hopefully avoid disappointment.

Back