01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision ds-7616NI-ST (freezing or hang)

Micco

My Hikvision NVR acting up lately like its hang or freezing when it do it stops all the recording in the camera, and i have to restart the NVR in order to set up the auto record again. any idea guys ? please help.

Hi Micco,

What is it you're using to view the camera feeds? Are you viewing locally via a monitor connected to the NVR, or using a web browser/iVMS-4200 to view over the network?

Also, how are your cameras set up? Are they directly connected to the PoE ports on the NVR or connected remotely via a PoE switch/injector on the same network?

Finally, are you running the most up-to-date firmware available on the NVR? If you're not sure about this just let me know what version you're currently running and I'll be able to direct you to any updates you might have missed.

All the things you say are correct, im currently viewing locally via a monitor connected to the NVR.
All cameras are connected in PoE switch to NVR ports in the same network.
the firmware im currently using is V4.1.53 build 180517.

Could you send a screenshot of your NVR's system settings page, either through a browser or locally from the NVR's menu? That seems like an odd version to be running as it's later than the last available firmware release for your model. Here's the link to the latest firmware release for your NVR.

Could you send a screenshot of your NVR's system settings page, either through a browser or locally from the NVR's menu? That seems like an odd version to be running as it's later than the last available firmware release for your model. Here's the link to the latest firmware release for your NVR.
here's the screenshot of my NVR system setting. micko 1.png

Sorry, my bad wrong NVR firmware actually I have 2 NVR, ds-7616NI-ST is the older one.
here's the device information.micko 1.png

No worries :) The first thing you'll need to try then is follow this link to download the latest firmware release for the NVR. You're currently running an outdated version. Hopefully this will fix the issue, let me know how you get on!

You should be able to but you probably won't want to revert back to your current firmware anyway as it's so old, the purpose of the updates are to fix any problems people are finding while running older versions. If you have problems with the update then what you might need to do is install each update between your current (V3.1.1) and the most up-to-date (V3.4.4) step by step, rather than jumping straight up to the latest. See how you get on with jumping straight to V3.4.4 though as I suspect this won't be an issue and will fix things.

You should be able to but you probably won't want to revert back to your current firmware anyway as it's so old, the purpose of the updates are to fix any problems people are finding while running older versions. If you have problems with the update then what you might need to do is install each update between your current (V3.1.1) and the most up-to-date (V3.4.4) step by step, rather than jumping straight up to the latest. See how you get on with jumping straight to V3.4.4 though as I suspect this won't be an issue and will fix things.
Thank you very much.

Back