01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P - POE Dead ?

ekko star

Hi all,

I updated the firmware on my NVR to FW 3.4.92 and all my static camera's to FW 5.5.0

All went well and everything is back up and running bar one issue.

Due to location I have 4 camera's attached via a POE network switch. I patched in their IP address into the NVR and they work perfectly fine.

The problem is I have one camera that plugs directly into the NVR. That one no longer works and I have narrowed the problem down to a POE issue. The camera itself is fine as I have tested it with an inline POE injector then into the NVR and also plugging it into the POE network switch and it works both ways.

So, I have been tearing my hair out how to get it to work attached directly to the NVR ? It worked perfectly before the upgrade so it should really still work unless the FW has killed off any POE in the NVR.

I also updated the NVR FW up to 3.4.95 and it's the same. POE direct from the NVR doesn't power the camera any longer?

Can someone help please as to what the issue could be?

I have read some threads saying that you can try enable long distance mode on the NVR post FW 3.4.92 to see if that helps. I would like to give that a try but unless I'm mistaken I cannot find anything in the menu's ?

At a loss at the moment.....

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
Hi, the latest firmware for your NVR is V3.4.96:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

I've never known a firmware update to stop an NVR's POE outputs from working.

I have seen poor connections, particularly issues such as corrosion/verdigris on the RJ45 camera connector socket cause odd POE symptoms. Have you proven, perhaps with another camera, that your HikVision NVR is in fact not outputting POE?

I don't think long distance POE will be available to you, it was introduced recently and I assume only to newer model NVRs such as -I and -K.

NB - The usual caveats apply, we only ever work with official HikVision UK hardware & firmware. If you (anybody) suspect your hardware may not be official UK hardware, please follow the advice of your supplier.

Hi,

Many thanks for your response.

I used v3.4.95 as that is the latest English language one.

All the FW upgrades were done with batch config tool. All hardware front or back end was totally untouched.

I haven't proven with another camera as I don't have one. I think that may perhaps be excluded as a cause anyway as I narrowed it down somewhat already.

The NVR is directly connected to 2 PTZs and one Static IP camera. There are 4 other statics via network switch.

The PTZs have midspan POEs and they work fine. If I insert an inline POE between the static camera and NVR, it works. So, it is pointing to a power issue or POE functionality in the NVR.

The cable is high grade and length from NVR is circa 25m. Connectors look totally fine, no patina or anything. As I say stick in an inline POE the camera works.

Also prior to the upgrade everything worked perfectly. There were no issues whatsoever. It points to something FW related.

One thing I have noticed is 5.5.0 has improved image clarity and sensitivity from all the statics.

My hunch at the moment is v5.5.0 draws a little more current as a result. The NVR may not be up to it ?

Thanks

BTW for the firmware versions; ML = Multi-Language, which includes English

Back