01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

hikvision ds-7104ni-q1/4p firmware with virtual host?

calza85

Hi there, new to this forum...

I've recently bought a new NVR from Hikvision model ds-7104ni-q1/4p firmware (I'm in Italy, dont know if there are models per country), everything is fine with it BUT...I cant access my cameras directly from their ip, and this is obviously because the NVR put them in a subnet....

Looking for a solution on the internet I've found the only way is to enable the "Virtual Host" function into the NVR, but this model just doesnt show it!

My current firmware is V4.73.200 build 230403

Hi there, new to this forum...

I've recently bought a new NVR from Hikvision model ds-7104ni-q1/4p firmware (I'm in Italy, dont know if there are models per country), everything is fine with it BUT...I cant access my cameras directly from their ip, and this is obviously because the NVR put them in a subnet....

Looking for a solution on the internet I've found the only way is to enable the "Virtual Host" function into the NVR, but this model just doesnt show it!

My current firmware is V4.73.200 build 230403
Hikvision doesn give any technical support here in Italy, and this is shame...the say I have to ask to the product's seller, who is an elettrical shop...

Hi @calza85 - are you checking the "Network>Advanced Configuration>Other" page for the setting to enable Virtual Host?

If so, it could just be that your NVR doesn't support the feature yet, but as you've asked your supplier, they should be able to get Hikvision to confirm this.
You could also try asking support.eu@hikvision.com, as it there should be a simple answer.

If you need to access the cameras directly to adjust some of the more advanced image and audio settings, or to update their firmware, then you can still do this, but you would need to connect them to a POE switch on your LAN, set each with an IP address on the LAN's range, and then browse for the IP addresses to log into them (they should have picked up the NVR's "activation password").

If you then change the addresses back to what they were originally (192.168.254.X), you should be able to reconnect them to your NVR once you've done what you need.

Yep, i'm checking the right page...probably it doesnt support VH.

But i'll try to write the european support and keep you informed!

Thanks!

Back