01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikVision DS-2CD2387G2-LU random rebooting bug

butako3

Hello folks,

I have a new DS-2CD2387G2-LU (firmware V5.7.3 build 220112), and several times per day the camera reboots itself (evidence of this is in the 'Start' timestamp of the prtHardInfo command from the SSH shell, and the NVR detects a disconnect of about 1 minute).

Does anyone have any ideas, please? Do others have the same problem?

Is there any way I can get debug logging, syslog or other such diagnostics off the camera?
I have poured over the commands in the SSH interface but have been unable to spot anything that could suggest a reason. I can only conclude it is either a bug in the camera software or a hardware fault. But I doubt it is hardware because the camera operates well and is generally stable most of the time (when not rebooting every few hours!).

Thanks

Hi @butako3

Do others have the same problem?

I have several of the same model camera that do not reboot themselves... I was running the same firmware as you for a while but now have V5.7.3 build 220216 loaded. In any case, they have never rebooted regardless of the firmware version I had loaded.

I did have another model Hikvision camera that was disconnecting/rebooting a while back and the culprit was the Ethernet/PoE cable. So, I would suspect it is a problem with the cable or maybe even a defective camera.

@butako3 Is the camera connected direct to an NVR or connected to a PoE switch or PoE injector?

If on a PoE device then of course that could be the culprit. I have had past issues with PoE failing on switches resulting in intermittent camera down issues.

Either way I would try another port on the NVR or switch to rule out any issue with a single port.

I did a full restore to factory default on the camera and it has been stable ever since. (I can only conclude there is a bug in the firmware somewhere but have absolutely no clue which setting was to blame).

Back