01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-2CD2145FWD-IS vs DS-2CD2143G0-IS

zdenek

Hi, I now have the DS-2CD2145FWD-IS and very happy with.
But now I want to buy more DS-2CD2145FWD-IS and the availability from our Chinese friends is very limited to zero.

Now some sellers advise the newer DS-2CD2143G0-IS but I have some doubts.

Hikvision DS-2CD2145FWD-IS vs DS-2CD2143G0-IS
Easy IP 3.0 vs Easy IP 2.0
EXIR 1.0 vs EXIR 2.0
With and without DarkFighter

What do you think about these camera’s and the differences?
For me the (color) nightvision quality is most important.

Maybe I will buy one DS-2CD2143G0-IS to test until the DS-2CD2145FWD-IS will be available again..

We haven't actually tested them side by side so it would be great, if you did go the route of trying one, if you could share your opinions of it.

The main difference is that Easy IP 2.0+ has less smart features than Easy IP 3.0.

Easy IP 2.0+ - Line crossing detection, intrusion detection
Easy IP 3.0 - Line crossing detection, intrusion detection, unattended baggage detection, object removal detection

Also the 2.0+ & 3.0 cameras have different Max. frame rates

EasyIP 2.0+ - 12.5fps (when max. resolution is set)
EasyIP 3.0 - 20fps (when max. resolution is set)

And obviously, as you have already pointed out the 3.0 cameras support 'Powered by Darkfighter' for improved low-light performance, because of this we would expect to see slightly better night time performance from the 2145 but how big that improvement will be depends on the scene you are covering and so testing is probably the best way to see if the 2143 will work for your setup.

I have ordered the DS-2CD2143G0-IS until I can order the DS-2CD2145FWD-IS again.
I will test it besides the DS-2CD2145FWD-IS and inform my findings here :)
Do you have any experience with the ColorVu camera's?

Hi @zdenek

We have yet to do any real-world tests of the ColorVu cameras but we hope to get back to doing some demos of these and more of Hikvision's new cameras very soon, but we have seen tests by other people and by people here at the forum with positive and negative feedback.

People who have used them like the image they get over short distances and in environments where they have light sources within the scene (e.g. streetlights, property floodlights, etc...), but others have found they struggle at longer distances and that the visible built-in LED floodlight that the cameras use is very bright and not great for smaller residential installs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back