01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-I PoE issue with TP

zillah

PoE Issues with Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-I

Dear Experts

I have got TP-Link TL-SG2210P PoE switch and I have 3 HiVisionn cameras (DS-2CD2032-I) connected through LAN cables.

All cameras were working fine till 2 days back one camera displayed the attached error below :

No signal,,,,Error 8000274c

I realized that HikVision camera not getting power from the TP-Link switch!!! ,,,,changed Ethernet cable for the camera with issue,change switch port still same issue

Camera is 3 years old ,,,,,can the camera be revived ? what other troubleshoot can be done ?

Thanks

Last edited:
You'd need to fetch it indoors and test it.
Short network cable to the POE switch.
If it will not work from a POE port that other cameras work from, then it's reasonable to suspect that the camera is not going to work on POE any longer.
It may work if you use a separate 12V DC PSU.
The biggest cause of failure of Hikvision cameras is water ingress to the network connector.
Check the tiny sprung copper fingers within the camera's network connector:
Hikvision camera failure - the most common cause

The biggest cause of failure of Hikvision cameras is water ingress to the network connector.
Check the tiny sprung copper fingers within the camera's network connector:
Thanks Phil this is was the cause of my problem and I didn't realize till I read your reply

We read and had great concern of corrosion issues with any outside or POE cameras. It’s quite humid in Smokey Mountains!
Our fix was to use copious amounts of silicone glue and tape over every potential water entry point, and mount for camera/cat6 cable interconnect in a pvc waterproof mount and pvc pipe..... It has been in a few heavy rainstorms this fall.

We also were inundated with spiders since install, (IR LEDS?), resulting with multiple insect spraying at the cameras. Which was NOT expected at all! So far, so good!

Hi Jan, we use butyl tape to weather seal and give the jacket (Hikvision's word) long term sun protection. The gasket does eventually fail and water finds its way into the connector if not protected. Best to wrap the connector in electrical tape before using the butyl tape as it sticks like crazy.

Back