01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Choices

Gazzz

Afternoon,

Apologies for the naivety - I'm new to CCTV and also new to the forum.

I'm looking for decent quality outdoor cameras for my house that will operate well in very low light as there is little lighting around my property. Initially I'll be installing approx. 4 camera but would like the option to expand in the future. I've been recommended the below:

Hikvision DS-2CD2385G1-I 8MP IR Fixed Turret Network Camera
Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2-8P 8 Channel Network Video Recorder

One question is what's the difference between Easy IP V3 and Easy IP v4. For example, what'she difference between and is one or the other better:
- Hikvision DS-2CD2385G1-I 8MP IR Fixed Turret Network Camera
and
- Hikvision DS-2CD2386G2-IU 8MP AcuSense Turret Network Camera With Built-In Microphone

I'm hoping to place the NVR in the garage in the roof, however I'm slightly concerned it may be too cold/ air moisture for it?

The other question I have is re the focal length 2.8mm or 4mm?

Thanks!

You received good recommendations.
But the 2386G2 that you query is even better!
You'd be very unlikely to receive a recommendation for it simply because it is brand new.
If budgets permit, it 'ticks all the boxes':
  • a built-in microphone has been added
  • DarkFighter for best low-light performance
  • AccuSense for best detection setup capability
@Emma is working on a new article for this forum to go into further details with regard to the various series and Generations (G0, G1, G2). I guess she'll post that in the next week.

I would recommend that you 'Buy & Try' a 4mm camera.
Test it and see whether you find it performs as you expect.

2.8mm provides a very wide field of view at 110° horizontal.
4mm will deliver 87°
6mm = 51° (no UK stock yet, we have these on order - but at least six weeks to ETA)

The NVR will probably be fine for the temperature of UK Summers and Winters, but you'll want to avoid it getting damp - quite simply over an extended period of years the steel casing will rust.

You received good recommendations.
But the 2386G2 that you query is even better!
You'd be very unlikely to receive a recommendation for it simply because it is brand new.
If budgets permit, it 'ticks all the boxes':
  • a built-in microphone has been added
  • DarkFighter for best low-light performance
  • AccuSense for best detection setup capability
@Emma is working on a new article for this forum to go into further details with regard to the various series and Generations (G0, G1, G2). I guess she'll post that in the next week.

I would recommend that you 'Buy & Try' a 4mm camera.
Test it and see whether you find it performs as you expect.

2.8mm provides a very wide field of view at 110° horizontal.
4mm will deliver 87°
6mm = 51° (no UK stock yet, we have these on order - but at least six weeks to ETA)

The NVR will probably be fine for the temperature of UK Summers and Winters, but you'll want to avoid it getting damp - quite simply over an extended period of years the steel casing will rust.

Thanks!
Is 4mm standard?

Also with this setup will I be able to access remotely via a mobile device?

There should be no such thing as standard ;)
Your aim should be to select a lens which delivers a field of view which closely matches the area that you wish to cover/monitor.
The lens is then focusing all of the purchased resolution into only the scene of interest.
i.e. in this case you'd be covering let's say for instance just the section of your front garden/drive that you wish to monitor with the full 8MP resolution of the camera.

Unfortunately, what tends to develop as standard practice is the poor practice of using the widest lens (the 2.8mm).
People (don't) think that the more they can see the better.
But, the wider the scene that you deliver, the smaller the people within it, and therefore a significantly reduced opportunity to recognise or identify an intruder.

A couple of very old posts:
Focal lengths
Resolution

Yes, you will be able to access remotely from your mobile phone using their free Hik-Connect App:

Back