01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Acusense 8ch DVR with non-Acusense cameras?

AvO

Hi! I currently have 4 x DS-2CE16D0T-IPF3.6mm cameras connected to a DS-7104hghi-f1 DVR. I get constant event notifications from leaves and branches moving in the wind. I want to upgrade to another DVR with Acusense technology. For budget reasons I would like to keep my cameras.

1. Will my cameras be compatible with any Acusense DVR? If not, how do I select a compatible DVR?
2. Will I be able to use the full Acusense functionality of the DVR with my current cameras?

I cannot find unambiguous information on global or local Hikvision sites, and neither the local Hikvision nor distributors refuse to give me, an end user, any assistance.

Many thanks in advance for your advice!

Hi! I currently have 4 x DS-2CE16D0T-IPF3.6mm cameras connected to a DS-7104hghi-f1 DVR. I get constant event notifications from leaves and branches moving in the wind. I want to upgrade to another DVR with Acusense technology. For budget reasons I would like to keep my cameras.

1. Will my cameras be compatible with any Acusense DVR? If not, how do I select a compatible DVR?
2. Will I be able to use the full Acusense functionality of the DVR with my current cameras?

I cannot find unambiguous information on global or local Hikvision sites, and neither the local Hikvision nor distributors refuse to give me, an end user, any assistance.

Many thanks in advance for your advice!
Yes and yes. Regardless of the DVR there will be restrictions and normally these are noted on the data sheet (but rarely make a lot of sense). Usually you'll need to use motion detection OR line crossing as the DVR cannot do the AcuSense processing for both event types simultaneously. You'll still get good results and most false alerts will be filtered. Go for the IDS-7204HUHI-K1/4S(C) if there's a chance you might want to update your cameras at a later date. The IDS-7204HQHI-K1/2S(C) would suffice but you'll be restricted to 2MP cameras going forward.

Thank you JB1970!
I am looking to expand to 8 channels. Any recommendations there (yes I am looking to upgrade cameras in future)?

Yes and yes. Regardless of the DVR there will be restrictions and normally these are noted on the data sheet (but rarely make a lot of sense). Usually you'll need to use motion detection OR line crossing as the DVR cannot do the AcuSense processing for both event types simultaneously. You'll still get good results and most false alerts will be filtered. Go for the IDS-7204HUHI-K1/4S(C) if there's a chance you might want to update your cameras at a later date. The IDS-7204HQHI-K1/2S(C) would suffice but you'll be restricted to 2MP cameras going forward.
Hello

I have recently purchased a (DS-7108HGHI-M1) DVR and DS-2CE19D0T-VFIT3F cameras. The salesperson assured me that the DVR will allow human detection with these cameras but I am unable to get it right. Motion detection works fine and I receive alerts and emails but no human detection as of yet. Is my hardware incompatible for this purpose or is there a setting that I am missing? I have upgraded to the latest firmware and tried this with and without motion detection enabled. I select the option for smart motion analysis for humans and vehicles with varying sensitivities but no luck. The spec sheet for the DVR clearly states that it can detect humans.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Back