01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision account

Can someone please explain to me the purpose and benefit of having a Hikvision account which I get prompted for whenever I launch Hik-Connect

Do you already have a Hik-Connect account?
i.e. have set up and are using Hik-Connect to access your system remotely?

If so, I have no idea what other account they are trying to encourage you to set up.
Is this a prompt in the Hik-Connect App in your phone?
(IOS or Android?)
I haven't seen it.
Nobody else has mentioned it.

Do you already have a Hik-Connect account?
i.e. have set up and are using Hik-Connect to access your system remotely?

If so, I have no idea what other account they are trying to encourage you to set up.
Is this a prompt in the Hik-Connect App in your phone?
(IOS or Android?)
I haven't seen it.
Nobody else has mentioned it.

Hik-Connect for IOS. See attached screenshot, I am referring to the "login to find more" -

IMG_3560.PNG

Does that perhaps just use the user name and password that you have already setup for the Hik-Connect web portal to let you access your account there and check whether you have added any additional devices to your account that you have not yet configured access to from the App?

Sorry, I've only just read your message properly. I have only so far used Hik-Connect locally. That explains why I haven't been able to make it work remotely, I thought it was my port forwarding. So, is the only way of accessing it remotely to go via a Hikvision account ?

I've now managed to successfully set up remote access to one of my NVRs but I now have a problem trying to connect to another at a different location. When I type in the serial number to Hik-Connect I am getting the message "the device is offline". However, it is definitely online - I got the serial number by connecting to it via a web browser. Any thoughts ? I setup the first one by scanning the QR code, the second by manually typing the serial number

Check that it's running the latest firmware, and that Platform Access is enabled.

1527068708365.png

Thanks, it was platform access. However I'm now failing the verification code dialogue having tried the default code of ABCDEF. I might have to physically go to the NVR and use the QR code

Back