01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision 5MP Dome Video Loss from NVR

R898989

Hi, I have an issue with a DS-2CD2155FWD 5MP dome camera disappearing from the NVR. The camera was fine for 2 weeks, recording and live view, then I noticed i was getting "video loss" alerts from the camera multiple times a day. See image..Yesterday the camera went offline and stayed offline since. This is on the latest firmware, as is the NVR. Both NVR and dome camera purchased from use-IP.

I went on the NVR via HDMI and can see the port was drawing power (6W ish), yet the activity lights on the port were dead. Then enabling the "long cable" mode made the NIC activity lights active again, and for 5 mins the image was back. It then died again. The cable run is only around 10 metres.

Current state is "Offline : network abnormal" in camera management. (see other attachment)
However the camera is dead on the network - I've run a NMAP scan (same function as SADP) and it finds the NVR and other camera on the POE network range, but not the problem camera. It seems to have no IP in the normal range, so no idea how to discover it.
Setting to manual/plug and play seems to make no difference, it shows "offline: connecting" then back to abnormal.
Is this a case of resetting the camera using its button? Or faulty hardware? The other 8MP turret remains happily online.

Thanks

Attachments

• NVR-capq.PNG
    NVR-capq.PNG
    33.8 KB · Views: 834
  • Camera-loss.PNG
    Camera-loss.PNG
    30.2 KB · Views: 897
Did you have tested another poe port for this cam? Can you test the camera on a normal poe switch (there are cheap 4 port versions in the internet)?. Also test it with normal 12V Power and normal LAN Mode. With this tests you can check if its the camera or the nvr!

I always include a surge protection socket for the all my dvr/nvr recorders, because i lost one poe nvr do a electricity problem inhouse from customer.

I'd also check your Cat cable and the connectors (assuming you made the cable yourself). Can you take the camera down and try another premade cable just for testing purposes?

thanks for suggestions - I don't have a POE switch to test with , I can try that if no other options but ideally don't want to have to buy something else if hardware is faulty.
I have been thinking about the cables as I made them myself, although the camera was fine for 2+ weeks and the cables haven't been touched since.
So today I checked the cam again ( since posting on here last night) and it came back online itself for most of the night, then died again around 9am - see the attached images. It just gave a video loss and recording stopped.
Today I took it off the wall, plugged in with 0.5m long pre made cable into the same port (port1) - still offline and port showing no activity. Then did factory reset, still seemed dead in port 1. Moved to port 4 and suddenly activity lights and all back online and live view works.
Back to port 1 again after that with the short cable and still working and lights flashing away.
I'm going to leave it for next 24 hour on the short cable to see if video does drop
But at this point still unsure if its the cam or NVR (which also does abnormal shutdowns twice a day) . Not impressed with the hikvision nvr at all so far, what 24/7 recorder drops video and reboots multiple times a day!

Attachments

• dead-time.PNG
    dead-time.PNG
    16.5 KB · Views: 434
  • dead-time-log.PNG
    dead-time-log.PNG
    27.6 KB · Views: 496
Hi,
They are unusual symptoms.
The cable would be my first thought.

Whilst you are testing with a short/bought cable, can you also please check your current firmware versions for each device,
Thanks

Camera has been stable for almost 24 hours using the short cable, so will try it back on the wall tomorrow and see if it can remain connected and stable. Could be the cable or reset that helped so far.
The NVR however rebooted twice again today dropping both cameras for 5 mins or so. Can anyone confirm the firmware below.

I have a DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B) and have V3.4.100 build 180310

I've seen this one HIKVISION UK PORTAL

Which is for [76 77 86 NI-K] » [76 NI-K1] models. Will it work on the (B) variant I have? Looks like its a higher build V3.4.101 build181101

Thanks

Phil - the camera is a DS-2CD2155FWD-I and has firmware of V5.5.82 build 181211
thanks

Quick update in case is useful for someone. Camera was ok for 48 hours plugged into original cable so either reset fixed or NVR. I'm trying a replacement NVR model to see if any change but will update on this and the abnormal shutdown issue.

As Phil mentioned, cable is often the first thing that comes to mind. Copper clad aluminium UTP cable for example isn't as reliable, especially over distance as solid copper core.

Last edited:
Back