01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision 4K ColorVu or AcuSense?

Meadow

I'm curious to know if anyone has had any good or bad experience with these 4K Colorvu cameras.....

DS-2CD2087G2-L(U)​

DS-2CD2T87G2-L​

At the minute I'm not sure if I should go with the 8mp Colorvu or 8mp AcuSense cameras.
(Street lighting around my property at night is reasonably good)

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Hi @Meadow

With the G2 8MP ColorVu cameras there is no need to choose between ColorVu and AcuSense as the 2xx7G2 models now support both AcuSense and ColorVu, see this Infographic that Hikvision created to explain the new range.

Available from our webshop at use-IP soon:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused by this 8 MP G2 ColorVu offering. Searching for 87G2 on your website doesn't show up any results, yet there is a page for at least the longer bullet version: Hikvision DS-2CD2T87G2-L 8MP ColorVu Bullet Network Camera ¦ use-IP Ltd (use-ip.co.uk)

If you Google though for it DS-2CD2T87G2-L - Google Search, you get the top hit for this page: 404 | errors | Hikvision

Why is the mini bullet with mic (DS-2CD2087G2-L(U)) not on there?

Why is the mini bullet the ONLY result that appears on the European Hikvision site when you filter products for ColorVu and 4K (8 MP)?

Why is there no turret version for the 8 MP? (i.e. DS-2CD2387G2-L(U))

For these reasons, I don't think it's accurate to state "there is no need to choose between ColorVu and AcuSense", since as I understand it, only the new AcuSense G2 cams offer the SL option (speaker and strobe light outputs), and only the AcuSense comes in a turret format, for some odd reason.

Hi @rickwookie

Apologies for any confusion, the 8MP G2 ColorVu & AcuSense models are not yet in UK stock so we have not added all the product pages to our webshop just yet, as you will see from the 2T87 product page you have linked above we are expecting stock of the G2 models in early December.

The reason for there being no 8MP turret version is something we cannot answer as Hikvision HQ decide which products/model variants get released when, but I would assume that at some point early next year a 2387G2 model will be available.

The Hikvision product pages for both 2x87G2 bullet models are below:

DS-2CD2087G2-L(U)
DS-2CD2T87G2-L

Again apologies for the crossed wires, I was responding to the original post in this thread that did not mention the turret model and I had assumed from the way they worded that post that they had simply got confused and not understood that it would no longer be a choice between 8MP ColorVu and 8MP AcuSense as the features of both would now be available on the same 8MP model, but if you are specifically after the flashing alarm & speaker features then that will only be available from the original 2x86G2 models. (for the time being)

hi Dan, does the Colorvu come in 8mp turret style? Had a look online but couldn't find any info. Also want it with Acusense so may have to do the 4mp for now.

Hi @roundhead

Currently, there is no 8MP ColorVu Turret available but seeing as there is a 4MP model I would expect an 8MP model to be announced at some point in Q1/Q2 2021

I wish Hikvision would consolidate these models and simply put the ColorVu sensor in the AccuSense G2 (with SL) turret. I would happily pay a premium for that.

A customer has recently purchased a few of the new DS-2CD2T87G2-L 8MP ColorVu Bullets and has mentioned a dramatic improvement between these and the DS-2CD2347G1-LU 4MP ColorVu Turrets that he was using previously.

Below are stills from these new cameras without the use of their onboard LEDs, which he has said he is happy for me to share - both have been taken in near-total darkness with little ambient light in the scene and, although I believe the first image is being helped by a streetlight. However, the back garden camera is apparently using only moonlight/starlight.

With regards to AcuSense on the G2 ColorVu models, we've had reports of these being less reliable than the IR models in rain and snow when using their built-in light, presumably due to the longer exposure time needed on them to produce this type of picture. We've informed Hikvusion of this, and hope it will be fixed in future firmware releases.

Hope this is of some use!

1612186332694.png

1612187684079.png

IMHO There is almost certainly a light in use in that back garden image.
It's just too bright and colour-full for moonlight alone.
You can even see a shadow from the whirligig washing line pole.

Yep, there's definitely a shadow… :(

I'll shed some clarity on the lighting conditions if/when I can!

Back