01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikConnect v Hik Cloud P2P

Kev_W

Hi, I'm new to the CCTV arena. I've installed and configured systems for customers who have owned systems and wanted them relocating to new premises.

I have an issue at the moment though, recently i installed 2 8 port NVRs (both Hik), one looked a little older than the other). The first, I was able to set up Hik Connect for the customer and it works perfectly. The second though only has an option for Hik Cloud P2P in Platform Access/Access type.

Whatever I do, I can not make this work. HikConnect alIows me to add the second NVR but I get either nothing or a Network Is Unstable message. I don't understand as the network connectivity is shared by both devices.

Why can't I select HikConnect as the access type on the second NVR?

What is the Network unstable message all about and does anyone have any pearls of wisdom to resolve the issue?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi @Kev_W

What exact NVR models do you have and what firmware versions are they running?

Hi Dan, Thanks for your reply.

Model and firmware would have been really useful wouldn't it??

The one that works perfectly on HikConnect is:

Model: DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P
Firmware: V3.4.98 build 171121

and the one with the problem and the Hik Cloud P2P is:

Model: DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P/A
Firmware: V3.4.90 build 161008

I was going to update the firmware but then read online that grey import devices could be reset to a chinese unit. As I don't know the origin, I got scared!!

ok, it makes sense why they are different now as the E-series NVR is substantially older than the K-series NVRs, for modern Hik-Connect you need to use the Hik-Connect Cloud portal to be able to remote access the NVR from the mobile app so I assume this is the Hik Cloud the old NVR is referring to, see the below forum post which explains it:

Potentially another issue if you bought these open box or from an unauthorized seller is that they may have been connected to another Hik-Connect account before so you may need to unbind the NVR to disconnect the NVR from that previous account.

Also, I would still try updating the firmware to the latest firmware:

7608NI-E2 - v3.4.103
7608NI-K2 - v4.30.005

Excellent advice, I'll read through the other post.

I have unbinded and in fact completely reset it using the SADP tool.

Thanks for the help.

Back