01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect mobile app: How to sort cameras/devices?

daniel.yrh

I have a couple of cameras, a video door bell, and an indoor station. I added all of them into my Hik-Connect app.
I would like to know how can I sort/rearrange the devices in Hik-Connect app as currently they seem to be in random sequence.

I tried the "add to favorite" method but that is not what I want.

I don't think it is possible to arrange the layout once the devices have been added to your account, I'm afraid.

The most recently added devices appear at the top of the app under "My Device", so I think you will need to remove and re-add each device with the one you want at the bottom of the list first, and the one at the top last.

You can remove them by touching the settings/hexagon button, and then touching "Delete Device" at the bottom of the page.

I don't think it is possible to arrange the layout once the devices have been added to your account, I'm afraid.

The most recently added devices appear at the top of the app under "My Device", so I think you will need to remove and re-add each device with the one you want at the bottom of the list first, and the one at the top last.

You can remove them by touching the settings/hexagon button, and then touching "Delete Device" at the bottom of the page.
That'll work for devices added directly via IP/Domain - last added goes to the top of the list. However when you then log in to the app for access to your device on Hik-Connect, that ends up at the bottom of the list. It's quite surprising that Hikvision don't have a simple 'click and drag to rearrange' the list. It should be relatively easy to add yet it's always been that way on Hik-Connect and previously on iVMS-4500.

thanks for the replies! Is there any official channel to send "new feature request" to Hikvision?

I have used wireless cameras from other brands and their app has device sorting feature. I'm really surprised Hik-Connect doesn't have it.

No, AFAIK there is no official channel for feature requests to improve Hikvision products.
End-user requests don't tend to be 'heard'.

We can/do mention things to UK Support.
Sometimes those are fed back to HQ in China ...

Another thing to mention to Hikvision.

Allow me to filter notifications in the HikConnect App by Camera.
I don't want to scroll through notification from 32 cameras when I just wanted to find something on Camera 5

Allow me to filter notifications in the HikConnect App by Camera.
I don't want to scroll through notification from 32 cameras when I just wanted to find something on Camera 5
Thats already there, though perhaps not obvious:
  • Click Notifications on the bottom menu bar of the Home Screen
  • The filter icon is in the top right corner - it looks like a funnel (or maybe a water tower)
  • Select the drop down arrow next to your device and pick the camera
  • Optionally select the date and event type
  • Click 'Finish'
Edit: I just realised how old that post was (5 months). It popped up in my feed as someone posted a message on this thread and subsequently deleted it.

No, AFAIK there is no official channel for feature requests to improve Hikvision products.
End-user requests don't tend to be 'heard'.

We can/do mention things to UK Support.
Sometimes those are fed back to HQ in China ...

I did find a Feedback section. Click Me (Bottom Right Corner) and towards the bottom there's Feedback.

Really wish you could sort device, hopefully the function comes soon.

Back