01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-connect device offline 5g hub

Lowdown94

Hi guys so I’m having trouble with my device being offline on hik connect only works when I join my WiFi I’m using a 5g EE hub is their a fix for this ? My camera guy is saying I need to do away with my 5g as there’s no fix for it, but if I’m to use normal internet I have terrible speeds as I’m in a rural area

Hi guys so I’m having trouble with my device being offline on hik connect only works when I join my WiFi I’m using a 5g EE hub is their a fix for this ? My camera guy is saying I need to do away with my 5g as there’s no fix for it, but if I’m to use normal internet I have terrible speeds as I’m in a rural area
I've not used HikConnect for a long time now so things may have changed.

when using the internet on a 4g 5g network you do not get a public IP address due to Carrier Grade Network Address Translation CGNAT. it is possible to get SIM cards with a public IP at extra cost. On your Home wifi you normally do get a public IP address.

David

As far as I'm aware the EE 5G Hub does work with Hik-Connect if you're using the Hik-Connect service. I had a customer temporarily ditch Virgin Media after a renewal problem. I didn't expect it to work for the reason @David details above. Whether or not it would've worked using an external IP and port forwarding is another matter, however Hik-Connect worked fine on EE's 5G hub as did Pyronix Cloud for the alarm system.

As far as I'm aware the EE 5G Hub does work with Hik-Connect if you're using the Hik-Connect service. I had a customer temporarily ditch Virgin Media after a renewal problem. I didn't expect it to work for the reason @David details above. Whether or not it would've worked using an external IP and port forwarding is another matter, however Hik-Connect worked fine on EE's 5G hub as did Pyronix Cloud for the alarm system.
Yes, it should work. Both devices are connected to an external hik server using URL’s so DNS resolves to the server IP address. Does Hik-Connect use a non standard port?

@Lowdown94 sorry for misleading you.

David

Back