01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect change Installer Password where & what?

OsoPolar

Hello
Basic question but need to know i will not lose access long term after any changes
I noticed during the process that the installer had left a simple password that he uses for all his installs. Although it may help him troubleshoot, I am uncomfortable having an easy password and giving the installer remote access to my system 365 days a year.

What I would like to know is where the correct place is to change the Hik-Connect password, and what pieces of equipment I will need to update to avoid issues.

I assume that all IOS devices will need to be logged in with a new password, as well as the wall panel. Would I also need to update iVMS 4200? What about my DVR unit iDS-7208HUHI-M1/FA/A0820210328CCWRF71849545WCVU? Is there anything else I haven't thought about?

I only ask because long passwords are okay, except when it comes to manually entering them on the wall panel.

Hi @OsoPolar

If you are just looking to change the Hik-Connect app password then you shouldn't need to change anything on any of your devices.

You simply need to tap 'Me' from the menu at the bottom of the app, tap your admin user details at the top of this menu, and then in the Account Management menu you should see the option to 'Change Password'.

Once changed you will need to log out all users using the old log in and log them back in with the new password and if you have devices added to iVMS using Hik-Connect you will probably have to re-login in iVMS to regain access to devices.

Upvote 0
Hi @OsoPolar

If you are just looking to change the Hik-Connect app password then you shouldn't need to change anything on any of your devices.

You simply need to tap 'Me' from the menu at the bottom of the app, tap your admin user details at the top of this menu, and then in the Account Management menu you should see the option to 'Change Password'.

Once changed you will need to log out all users using the old log in and log them back in with the new password and if you have devices added to iVMS using Hik-Connect you will probably have to re-login in iVMS to regain access to devices.
But what about intercom wall unit number 1 this has Hik-Connect login hence my query long passwords are a pain to enter to wall panels
  1. Intercom Panel DS-KH9510-WTE10120210124WRQ05434344CLU
  2. Modular Intercom Unit DS-KD8003-IME10120210106RRF37299528CVLU

Upvote 0
Sorry, didn't realise you had one of the newer Android OS Indoor Stations which have the Hik-Connect app installed.

This would be the same as the Hik-Connect app on any smartphone or tablet, you will just have to log in to the app on the indoor station with the new strong password.

Hik-Connect should already have an Encryption Key set as a 2nd level of security, so the login password does not have to be super secure. An 8-12 digit password that uses at least 3 of the following - lowercase, uppercase, numbers, special characters - will be strong enough (and easier to enter on the indoor station).

Upvote 0
Hi @OsoPolar

I had seen the other thread but I don't have much hands-on experience with the PC version of iVMS-4200 so I haven't seen the slow load time you describe.

I'm sure some of the other users or one of my other colleagues that does use PC iVMS more regularly will be able to respond at some point.

Upvote 0
Back