01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik Connect App

Dunc_James

Hi - I am using the Hik Connect App on my iPhone and can see all of my camera's on live stream, however I am unable to playback any of the recordings through the app and get the error Failed to Play video. I also don't see any of the video blocks on the timeline on the playback screen.

Do I need to setup port forwarding on my router to get access to this functionality as I have seen on some other threads across forums that port forwarding could potentially need to be setup?

FYI - My Hik NVR is setup to use Cloud P2P

A good place to start is to update the firmware to the latest version on both the DVR and cameras.
If you are using Hikvision's Platform Access (Hik-Connect) you don't need to configure port forwarding. Cloud P2P can include third party services, it's not clear from the above if you are using one.
Also check your Hik-Connect app is set to BASIC on the stream type for playback. That might solve the issue if your internet connection speed is erratic.

A good place to start is to update the firmware to the latest version on both the DVR and cameras.
If you are using Hikvision's Platform Access (Hik-Connect) you don't need to configure port forwarding. Cloud P2P can include third party services, it's not clear from the above if you are using one.
Also check your Hik-Connect app is set to BASIC on the stream type for playback. That might solve the issue if your internet connection speed is erratic.
View attachment 2197

Thanks for coming back to me - I will look at upgrading the firmware - I have a HiWatch so this is a little confusing as the Systems says I have - NVR-108-A / 8P model and the manual left after installation says the model is DS-7100NI-E1.

With regards the platform access mine is set as per the below.

Back