01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik Connect App on Ipad closes?

ams_Sxi

Have downloaded latest Hik Connect for ipad and added the device manually via IP address as recommended on here.

Live view plays for few hours then seems to close down. The ipad then shows the apps screen and can see the hikconnect app in the background.

There is no auto lock set on the ipad so not sure what is causing it.

Any ideas?

This is happening to me as well.

I have Hik-connect running on an old iPad which is fixed to a wall.
It has been set up to show our front door so we can see anyone approaching. It has been working really well until recently.
Live view is displayed from minutes to a couple of hours then next time you look it has dropped back to the desktop (Home Screen?). Double tap on the home button shows Hik-connect still running in the background.

As there was nothing else on the iPad it was very easy to reset and start again. No different. Very frustrating so if anyone has any ideas it will be greatly appreciated.

Hik-connect running on an old iPad
That can often be the problem. The app keeps getting updated but the hardware (iPad) may not be up to it
so if anyone has any ideas it will be greatly appreciated.
The easiest thing to try that often solves a Hik-Connect app crash is to go to Me > Settings and under 'Video Player Settings' you'll see a 'Hardware Decoding Preferred' switch. If it's on turn it off, if it's off turn it on.

Thanks for the suggestion JB1970.
Hardware Decoding Preferred was switch on so I switched it off. No difference I'm afraid.

I did suspect it was an update that caused this problem.

I have a much newer iPad for general use, so this morning I disabled Auto-lock and opened live view on Hik-connect. About six hours later it is still showing live view. I guess that kind of proves the point with the older hardware.

Any other app I can use instead of Hik-connect?

Back