01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hi Watch, no option to rotate or flip image

jagojon

Hi ,

Totally new to the whole CCTV scene , but I am fitting my own POE system.
So far I have fitted 4 of the 8 camera's. All is going well but I have no option in camera settings to be able to flip or rotate the image. Its just not there.

Specs as follows.
Hikvision/Hi Watch NVR-208M -A/8P
8 x Hi Watch IPC-D120 Camera's.
CAT 6 solid copper cables.

My friend has the same spec NVR ( bought from the same Ebay supplier) and and the same camera's also bought from the Ebay supplier( although different from where the NVR was purchased). He has the options in the camera menu.

Does anyone have any suggestions/come across this before?

Its driving me mad!

Thanks in advance

Jon

Hi,
We are not familiar with HiWatch, but are you actually logging-in to the cameras?
You may need to do that to access flip/rotate/mirror.
i.e. the option may not be accessible via logging in to the NVR's Config area.

Thanks for the swift response Phil,

Its supposed to be in the NVR menu looking at the tutorials on You Tube. Its there on my friends NVR but not on mine. I even brought the NVR into work for him to have a look at along with a camera but to no avail. Hoping it is something really simple. I wish I wouldnt have bought from Ebay but you live and learn.

Hi, I'm just going through the same learning curve with a Hi-watch set-up and found this by accident the other day, it's in the camera web GUI
Image | Display settings | Video Adjustment | Mirror or Rotate

So you need to use IE to login to the camera via it's IP address where you'll find a host of settings not available on the NVR.

Thanks Simon, that seems a glimmer of hope.

You have lost me a little though,where do I get IE or do you mean Internet Explorer? Are we talking about plugging the laptop directly into the cameras?

This is the guide I followed:- [Tutorial] Using a Hikvision NVR's "Virtual Host" Feature

basically whilst connected to your home network open an IE browser on your laptop or PC enter the IP address of your NVR and it will take you to a login screen from there follow the instructions for the virtual host feature which will then add in web links for each of your cameras that you can use to login to them.

Back