01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hi-look D Series - Model: NVR-108MH-D / 8P - Snapshot / Virtual Host

whiteduck22

Hi there,

Firmware version V3.4.99 build 180706

'Wonder if anyone can help me with two queries:
- I would like to enable the ability to connect to the PoE powered cameras but this virtual host option is not available via the web interface
- I need to take a live snapshot from any of the connected cameras - I cannot configure the second stream to be MJPEG and all attempts using various /Streaming/channels/102/snapshot or httpPreview or picture don't work.

Thank you
Ian

Just to clarify, on the NVRs webGUI in Network>Advanced Settings>Other do you see a option to enable Virtual host? A screen capture might help. Perhaps the webcomponents plugin is not properly installed.

What error do you receive when trying to take a snapshot? I suspect you need CGI enabled under integration protocol to remedy this. Which browser are you using?

Thank you Stewart - yes although I don't have access to a Windows PC I am able to run the GUI (and the live and playback video is visible) on a Mac with the Seamonkey browser - here are screenshots.

1572026104361.png

1572026162042.png

Even if I provide admin:<password>@ before it

Returns the following
Access Error: 404 -- Not Found
Can't open URL

<ResponseStatus version="1.0">
<requestURL>/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/202/snapshot</requestURL>
<statusCode>4</statusCode>
<statusString>Invalid Operation</statusString>
<subStatusCode>invalidOperation</subStatusCode>
</ResponseStatus>

I tried channel 201 also and capital C for channel.

Finally the suggested option to set the sub stream to MJPEG doesn't appear as an option - it is greyed out

1572026677661.png

Appreciate any help
Best regards
Ian

I also just tried the latest version of iVMS4200 for Mac... no option for Remote Host or CGI... I suspect Hikvision have dumbed down this D series for the consumer market and less options mean less troubleshooting.

Back