01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help with IP 4 cameras system for house

Mac10aveli

Hi, I’m new to cameras system and I need help. I want 4 cameras for my house, 2 outside and 2 inside. From the forum I understood that Hickvision cameras are the best, but I don’t know which one I should choose. Basically I don’t want any DVR, I want all the data to be saved online in cloud. And and need live access by the phone and to the cloud. I need good quality picture with night vision, 6MP or 8MP. Budget is 500£-600£

Hi @Mac10aveli

Unfortunately, Hikvision does not offer a cloud recording solution and so you would have to look at 3rd-party cloud recording solutions if you wanted to do this. The issue with 3rd-party solutions is that they are often expensive (charging by the storage capacity, the number of days/weeks you want to store, and/or a monthly subscription) and they often won't allow you to record continuously due to the huge amount of data required for continuous recording.

For your budget, the Hikvision camera we would recommend is the Hikvision DS-2CD2385G1-I 8MP IR Fixed Turret Network Camera or the Hikvision DS-2CD2365G1-I 6MP IR Fixed Turret Network Camera, but 4 of either of these models would come in at the top-end of your budget. (£600-700)

Back