01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help to choose cctv system for home

romstav

Hi guys,
I have just joined forum and need some help please.
I would like to install cctv system at my house.
I have choosen NVR "Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2-8P" it will go in the loft and i am hoping to use wireless mouse to operate it in the living room. (please let me know if this is possible?)
The first camera will go on the walls at front of the house covering circle around 15sq.m and second camera will go on the wall rear of the garden covering circle around 25sq.m.
Cameras have to be able to identify people day or night at longest distances.
Can somebody recomend set up for me please?
Thank you

Hi @romstav

The I-series NVR is a good choice, we have never operated an NVR with a wireless mouse over such long distances but I think there would likely be connection issues (if you have a search around the forum for 'mouse' or 'wireless mouse' I am pretty sure there have been some previous discussions on how to extend mouse control over longer distances).

For the cameras, our go-to recommendation is turret cameras like the DS-2CD2386G2-IU 8MP AcuSense Turret

We would probably recommend the 2.8mm focal length for the space out the front to get full coverage over the shorter distance. At the rear, we would probably recommend the 4mm focal length to get good coverage but also better detail at the full 25/30m distance.

Hi Dan,
Thank you for reply and suggestions. I had a look at the net for reviews on suggested cameras and some people say this cameras don't perform well in the dark. I might be expecting a lot. Sorry i am new to this. I don't might paying a bit more to get better image quality...
I had a look throught your shop and found this camera Hikvision DS-2CD2686G2-IZSU/SL-B
Would this be better for rear of the garden?
Thank you

Hi @romstav

From our experience, the 2386G2 turret cameras perform very well at night and there are plenty of YouTube demos and reviews like this one that backs this up.

It obviously is a black & white image at night, you can now get the Hikvision ColorVu models like the 2387G2 but if your scenes (especially in the back garden) are completely dark with no ambient lighting like street lights or security lighting then you won't get great colour images from the ColorVu cameras. In total darkness, the IR 2386G2 will give you better results.

The 2686G2 is another option, but the bullet-style cameras are quite large for residential use (this model will stick 30cm out from the mounting position) and this is another reason why we often recommend the turret style as they are smaller and more discreet. If you wanted black the DS-2CD2386G2-IU/B is available.

Hi @romstav

The 2686G2 does have a varifocal lens which can give you better detail over longer distances, but if adjust the focal length right up to 12mm you will get quite a narrow FoV that only covers a small area.

This is the same explanation for the 2386G2 and 2H86G2, the fixed 2386G2 will give you great overall coverage but the 2H86G2 has the varifocal lens allowing you to adjust the FoV to cover a specific area and capture more detail over longer distances.

Hi @romstav

Most of the new stock should be (C) models, but if you go ahead with the order we double-check with the Hikvision UK warehouse that they have (C) models in stock.

The main difference between non-C and (C) is that the (C) models run newer firmware than the non-C models which means they continue to receive new features and changes that are not available to the non-C models.

Thank you.
Also do you have Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2-8P already sold with 8tb hdd?
Any discounts for new customers?
Thank you

Hi @romstav

All our NVRs come without HDDs, we recommend the Western Digital Purple Surveillance HDDs and the 8TB HDDs are currently in stock.

We can install the HDDs for you, but depending on the time of day & how busy we are this may add an additional day to shipping.

If you did want us to fit the HDDs, just drop us an email after placing the order and we will try and get it done as quickly as possible.

Currently, we do not have any discounts for new customers.

Back