01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Help: Camera suddenly stopped recording. Tried everything I can think of.

anima9

Model DS-2CD2020F-IW

Problem: Camera suddenly stopped recording after 4+ years.

What I tried to do:
1. Formatted old micro sd card (64gb), didn't work. In fact, I think it's dead since my PC won't even detect it.
2. Bought a new micro sd card (san disk Ultra) 128 gb, formatted both PC and client, and all I get is "Status Exception" in IVMS 4200 Lite and "Status: Error" using the camera's own HIKVISION program (ip address). (edit: added "micro"

I also checked that it's set to overwrite. Restored everything to default and rebooted multiple times.

According to the client: Capacity is 125 gb, free space is 0. Storage mode: Quota

I'm literally at a loss here and thinking my camera is just dead. It's been exposed to harsh sunlight and rain for over a year now and maybe stuff just got fried.

Last edited:
Model DS-2CD2020F-IW

Problem: Camera suddenly stopped recording after 4+ years.

What I tried to do:
1. Formatted old sd card (64gb), didn't work. In fact, I think it's dead since my PC won't even detect it.
2. Bought a new sd card (san disk Ultra) 128 gb, formatted both PC and client, and all I get is "Status Exception" in IVMS 4200 Lite and "Status: Error" using the camera's own HIKVISION program (ip address).

I also checked that it's set to overwrite. Restored everything to default and rebooted multiple times.

According to the client: Capacity is 125 gb, free space is 0. Storage mode: Quota

I'm literally at a loss here and thinking my camera is just dead. It's been exposed to harsh sunlight and rain for over a year now and maybe stuff just got fried.
What version of windows do you use?

Take care using these commands as you could trash your computer.
You may be able to use Disk manager to revive the sd card, another option is to use diskpart at the CMD admin command prompt. if you see unallocated space on the sd card you can create a partition and then format it.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your responese.

I use Windows 10.

What could be possible reasons my camera just stopped recording? I've pretty much given up at this point and considering buying a new one, but I just want to know what I could do to prevent something like this from happening again.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your responese.

I use Windows 10.

What could be possible reasons my camera just stopped recording? I've pretty much given up at this point and considering buying a new one, but I just want to know what I could do to prevent something like this from happening again.
Electronic devices do fail, let's not write it off just yet.

What model camera do you have?
When you bought the new sd card did you put it in the camera straight away and format it from the cameras web interface?

Restored everything to default and rebooted multiple times.
did you reset the camera to default / factory settings?

On the cameras sd card holder insert and remove the card several times, this may clean the internal contacts.

I would definitely try to recover both sd cards, do you want to try?

David

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1. DS-2CD2020F-IW
2. Yes, I formatted it using IVMS 4200 lite
3. I pressed the "restore to default settings" option and reboot, though just the configuration settings. The camera wasn't reset in a way that it forgot my WiFi password.

I'll see if it's a "dirt" thing and use a small blower.

Thanks for your help! :)

PS: I forgot to be more specific, my bad. It's a micro sd, but I do have the sd adapter

Upvote 0
Yes, I formatted it using IVMS 4200 lite
better to put the sd card into the camera and format it from the web interface. menu Configuration> Storage> Storage management. select the drive and click format.

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 15.18.04.png

Upvote 0
Back