01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hello, totally new here question about compatibility

nikosjkd

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a Hikvision Villa Door Station Intercom (DS-KV8202-IM).My goal is to connect it with Hik-connect so i can open/answer remotely from wherever i am(at least thats what i assume hik connect does).After i went through the procedure of activating the devices, setup etc I couldn't get it to work and the reason was i hadn't bought a hikvision Indoor station monitor as they told me, i said ok, is a 3 floor house so i wasn't planning of buying an indoor station monitor but whatever at least 1 is probably ok.

So the seller told me to buy a the DS-KH6310-W, after a couple of minutes search i found also this model DS-KH6210L witch is 50€ cheaper that the DS-KH6310-W. My question is do i HAVE to pay the 50€ more for the DS-KH6310-W? I mean is there a compatibility issue?

Thank you for your time.

Nick

I don't know, we stopped offering their access control / door-entry solutions due to these pitfalls ...

I don't know, we stopped offering their access control / door-entry solutions due to these pitfalls ...
Really appreciate your time and answer Phil, pitfall would describe my situation because i talked with the seller and told him what i want to do and i dont recall telling me about a "crucial" part that i need in between to work with hik connect...that is why when he suggested to buy the expensive one I have second thoughts .

The whole issue is totally my fault i should had done more research but i did a whole house renovation and the intercom was my least of my worries then. I thought all i need is was just and ethernet a DC and a switch. Lesson learned.

Back