01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Have a box drawn on notification?

Ultra4

Hi

Does anyone know if it’s possible to get a box drawn around the ‘thing’ triggering the alert?

I’ve got more than one line crossing for example and I do not know which one is setting off some false alarms.

I was thinking if it had the box around it (I’ve seen some hikvision demos showing it tracking humans/cars) just wondering if there is somewhere where I can enable that feature?

Hi @Ultra4

How are viewing the cameras/NVR? logged into a browser, desktop iVMS-4200, or direct HDMI monitor plugged into the NVR?

Hi Dan,

I've tried on the NVR and via HikConnect App on phone and iPad. I don't necessarily want it constant but whilst setting up it'd be nice to know where the ping is happening if that makes sense.

Is it possible? I have the 8 channel NVR I series I believe (the better of the two IIRC).

okay, so you are trying to set up events in the Hik-Connect app?

We've never set up events from the app before and I'm not sure there is a way to enable event overlay information from within the app.

Usually, you would need to login to the device with a browser, go to the local menu, and you should see an option to enable rules which will then overlay the event information on the camera live view, but I don't know if this will also carry across to the app.

okay, so you are trying to set up events in the Hik-Connect app?

We've never set up events from the app before and I'm not sure there is a way to enable event overlay information from within the app.

Usually, you would need to login to the device with a browser, go to the local menu, and you should see an option to enable rules which will then overlay the event information on the camera live view, but I don't know if this will also carry across to the app.
No, I'm using the hik-connect app for the notifications.

I've set everything up using a monitor connected via hdmi. I'm happy to diagnose this on the monitor right near the HDMI just so I can work out which is triggering... some are perfect and others are going a little too much but I don't know what one is what... if that makes any sense?

I'm just not sure where in the menu I need to click to show that information.

Okay, if it is an I-series NVR you should have an icon in the bottom right of the live stream window that looks like a human in crosshairs, clicking this should enable the event graphic overlay on the cameras which you have events enabled.

I think this only applies the overlay to the direct monitor access and from closer inspection of the settings I don't think you can get that overlay to be visible in the app live streams.

Okay, if it is an I-series NVR you should have an icon in the bottom right of the live stream window that looks like a human in crosshairs, clicking this should enable the event graphic overlay on the cameras which you have events enabled.

I think this only applies the overlay to the direct monitor access and from closer inspection of the settings I don't think you can get that overlay to be visible in the app live streams.
Hi Dan,

Thank you for your reply.

Please see the image attached with what I am able to see on the live stream. I don't appear to have that option. I have the DS-7608NI-I2/8P. It is on firmware v 4.51.025, build 210927 if that helps.

Hope you understand what I mean, so at the moment the notifications are fine but one or two show nothing. So just to double check I'm wondering if I can get it to draw a box around the trigger point. I have checked when I do for example vehicle search... when I click on the thumbnail it puts a green rectangle around it.

I'm just wondering if its possible to do that for the alerts too. For example, like can i view the alerts log on the NVR itself and double click a thumbnail and see if it identifies the trigger point of said alert?

Thanks

Attachments

• NVR Options.png
    NVR Options.png
    707.3 KB · Views: 134
Hi @Ultra4

You are a couple of firmware versions behind, see the latest versions HERE

We would recommend that you update to v4.60.000 and then update to the latest v4.61.000 as there are some bigger changes in these updates that might not work properly if you jump too many versions in one go.

I think we may not be talking about exactly the same thing, I wasn't aware that logged events show where the event triggered. Some smart events do not show the green boxes around event activity so it may just be that the particular event you are using does not support that feature.

Hi @Ultra4

You are a couple of firmware versions behind, see the latest versions HERE

We would recommend that you update to v4.60.000 and then update to the latest v4.61.000 as there are some bigger changes in these updates that might not work properly if you jump too many versions in one go.

I think we may not be talking about exactly the same thing, I wasn't aware that logged events show where the event triggered. Some smart events do not show the green boxes around event activity so it may just be that the particular event you are using does not support that feature.

Thank you for your help Dan, very much appreciated.

I'll have a look at upgrading the firmware.

Back