01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

H265+ playback fails on Apple and Android mobile clients

wesecureu

Good morning,

After adding some more cameras to a working Hikvision install we noticed the playback using Apple and Android mobile devices was unreliable. Playback would stutter, stall or display an error.

All the recordings would playback fine on a desktop PC running iVMS4200.

New cameras were 2025, 2055, 2625 - all with the latest firmware.

It was only by accident we discovered that disabling H.265+ on a camera would resolve the problem. With H.265+ disabled the recordings would playback on the very same mobile devices that did not work previously. To be sure it was H.265+ we re-enabled H.265+ on a camera and the playback issue reappeared.

All playback testing was done with the mobile devices connected to the wireless LAN.

Video parameters:
1080p, VBR, H.265, 10fps, Medium

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Hi, I can confirm that I am experiencing the same issues with the cameras I have. Playback over the hik-connect app and iVMS4200 app on android stutters and sometimes completely fails. This happens when trying to live view and accessing recordings (playback).
If I select H.264 on the NVR the problem goes away.
The thing is, back in August when I first installed my cameras everything worked well even when H.265 was enabled. So I'm not sure if this is down to an update, firmware or something else.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I don't know what caused it? i can play it on my Android , but can not be supported on iPhone , when i switched it to iPhone from Android , It can play normally.maybe you can try switching to iPhone,

Last edited:
Back